The Network Development Officer is in charge of conceptualising and implementing membership engagement and capacity building strategies for ENAR’s member organisations. They develop, manage and implement the new network development strategy, which prioritises building a dynamic membership by supporting active engagement, solidarity and collective action among members and within the ENAR structure.
They service and maintain contact with ENAR members and strive to develop and improve ENAR’s membership in the framework of the network development strategy. They support the empowerment of members, such as by designing and implementing capacity building and other training schemes, with the support and input of colleagues and members.
They run re-granting programmes such as the yearly “National projects” scheme.
They collect relevant information from the members for different purposes and in collaboration with the administration team.
They engage with members to stay updated about national/local political and social issues, as well s any organisational issues. They inform the management, colleagues and Board Members on a regular basis on the state of ENAR’s network and its membership.
They work in close cooperation with the Communication department to develop creative communication tools to engage and inform members, such as the internal newsletter for ENAR members, blogs, videos, etc., to facilitate communication among members, and to give visibility to members’ work.
- Implement the new network development strategy and support the development of the upcoming strategic plan of ENAR;
- Maintain regular contact with members;
- Map capacity building needs of members and design and implement training seminars or relevant meetings;
- Facilitate meetings and trainings using creative and inclusive participatory methods, including online meetings, by using adequate tools;
- Support and promote active engagement of members within the ENAR network structure;
- Enhance and promote ENAR membership at the regional and national levels;
- Monitor and update members about funding opportunities for the membership;
- Run the “National projects” re-granting scheme according to available budget and inform the strategic development of the Network about the members’ needs and expectations;
- Support the General Assembly working group for the organisation of this annual members’ meeting;
- Manage the membership and network development (i.e. application procedures and process, membership data base, membership kit, internal discussions on the network development, etc.) in close collaboration with the team;
- Keep track of membership activities to identify and disseminate membership information and to contribute to the weekly newsletter on membership issues;
- Keep track of all required information on the membership and network development for funding requirements and monitoring and evaluation;
- Regularly brief the staff and Board on the network and the membership and pro-actively feed in policy, campaigning and communication initiatives;
- Travel abroad to visit members, attend members’ activities or related events;
- Take on any task related to the post as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Director.
Education and knowledge
- Education to university level with a degree or 5 years of experience;
- Good understanding of the political debates related to anti-racism and equal rights in Europe;
- Knowledge of networking and organisational development methodologies.
Ability and skills
- Strong organisational skills;
- Excellent social and communication skills and ability to connect in an empathic way;
- Excellent facilitation skills and knowledge of participatory methods, including online facilitation methods;
- Ability to work in organisations operating in diverse political and cultural contexts;
- Collaborative team player;
- Ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English; knowledge and ability to communicate in any other language is an asset;
- Good ICT skills;
- A strong commitment to ENAR’s mission and vision.
- Worked as an organiser and movement builder in membership-based organisations and with people with diverse backgrounds;
- Did community work, including capacity building and organisational development;
- Facilitated a number of meetings and trainings.
The Network Development Officer reports to the Director.
No line management duties beyond guiding their own Intern, if applicable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org