EUROCHAMBRES is currently seeking to recruit a full-time (m/f) Project Officer.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the smooth implementation and development of the EU4Business: Connecting Companies' (EU4BCC) project, managed by EUROCHAMBRES and funded under the EU4Business initiative of the European Union.
The EU4BCC project is being developed in the framework of the Eastern Partnership (EaP), which was launched in 2009 in order to deepen and strengthen relations between the European Union (EU), its Member States and its six Eastern neighbours (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine). EU4Business is an umbrella initiative that covers all EU activities supporting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the EaP countries. The EU4BCC project aims to support sustainable economic development and job creation in the EaP countries by helping SMEs to grow - especially by promoting increased trade, encouraging inward investment and fostering business links with companies in the EU.
Specific responsibilities and tasks:
- Work as project officer in the field of SMEs and BSOs capacity building focusing on EaP countries
- Secure the quality and compliance of all deliverables submitted to donors are in line with our contractual obligations and focus on daily implementation of the capacity building instruments
- Supervise the quality of implemented programmes and activities by grant beneficiaries in EaP countries and of study visits and B2B matchings in EaP countries
- Actively contribute to the definition and correct implementation of technical guidelines, templates and quality standards for reporting
- Gather and organize technical data concerning the project and liaise with policy experts
- Provide templates, organise and participate in monitoring visits of subgrants, provide online support via the MIS portal
- Assist the Consortia in preparing requests for addenda and modification of the action, in case of need
- Assess the quality of reports and supporting documents submitted to EUROCHAMBRES
Required qualifications and skills:
- Degree in in economics, business or international relations or equivalent
- 3-year relevant professional experience in project management and administration
- Confirmed experience in the region/countries covered by the projects
- Good knowledge of private sector organisations and familiarity with the EU Neighbourhood policies
- Project management skills (ideally with knowledge of the rules and procedures governing EU-funded projects), policy/advocacy experience, commercial mind-set, pro-active approach and excellent communication, presentation, representation, coordination and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in (verbal/written) English
- Excellent knowledge of financial software and MS Office
- Working proficiency in Russian
- Field work experience in one of the EaPs countries
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org