Howard University is a comprehensive, research-oriented, historically Black private university providing an educational experience of exceptional quality to students of high academic potential with particular emphasis upon the provision of educational opportunities to promising Black students. Further, the University is dedicated to attracting and sustaining a cadre of faculty who are, through their teaching and research, committed to the development of distinguished and compassionate graduates and to the quest for solutions to human and social problems in the United States and throughout the world.
Salary commensurate with qualifications, education & University guidelines.
The purpose of this position is to manage program selections for Fellows and Scholars and provide logistical and programmatic support to the Rangel International Affairs Summer Enrichment Program. It involves administrative work with considerable responsibility, complexity and variety, This position reports to the Deputy Director of the Rangel Program
Supervises a program assistant of selections and scholars. May perform staff evaluations and make recommendations regarding pay and/or performance.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Internal contacts include administrators, staff and students both within the department and University-wide. External contacts include government agencies, vendors, visitors, officials and the general public.
- Selections for the Rangel Graduate Fellowship (40%)
- In close coordination with the Rangel Director and Deputy Director, manages the selection process for the Rangel Fellows including but not limited to drafting guidance and instructions, preparing correspondence and other documents, communicating with selection panel members,, troubleshooting issues, scheduling meetings and interviews, and compiling scores, and communicating results to finalists.
- Oversees logistics for the fellow’ selection process, including supporting selection panel meetings and the final interview/writing exercise process, arranging meals, organizing staff participation, and arranging and proctoring virtual writing exercises.
- Manages selections programming and post-selections tasks such as completing statistical analysis and reporting, updating the website, and drafting press releases and announcements.
- Selections and Programming for Summer Enrichment Program (40%)
- Works closely with the Deputy Director to manage the pre- and post-selection process for the Rangel Summer Enrichment Program including but not limited to drafting instructions, preparing correspondence and other documents, scheduling meetings, communicating with selection panel, arranging meals and other logistics for meetings, collecting and compiling scores and communicating results to finalists and alternates, completing statistical analysis and reporting, updating the website, and drafting announcements.
- Tracks and reports scholar compliance with program requirements and updates databases to ensure quality.
- Works closely with Deputy Director to manage the logistics of Scholar summer programming including securing and coordinating with guest speakers and presenters, mentoring Scholars, and managing program logistics.
- Prepares information for alumni network, does outreach and tracks SEP alumni, and supports alumni programming.
- Program Administration & Supervision (20%)
- Supervises Program Assistant, Selections and SEP.
- Perform other administrative related duties as assigned.
- Advanced skills in the operation of software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and standard office equipment.
- Excellent project management abilities.
- Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with faculty, staff, students and customers.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work with other.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years of related work experience. 12 years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of educational qualifications.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org