IREX is looking for a Program Coordinator (PC) to support their Education practice in providing administrative support to the Fulbright Teacher Exchange Programs in the day-to-day administration of program activities including logistics, implementation of initiatives, financial monitoring, and communicating with partner organizations. The PC will support events and management, reporting internally and externally and carry out additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by supervisors.
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree;
- 3 years of work experience minimum.
- The following experience and skills are preferred, however candidates do not need to possess all skills or experience listed in order to be considered for the position;
- MA in any discipline;
- A strong, demonstrated, interest in U.S. or international education and supporting professional development for educators;
- Experience working with teachers and/or in a classroom setting (U.S. or international);
- Experience in data management;
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale event coordination;
- Facilitation or public speaking experience;
- US Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status (required by federal regulation to issue and amend J-1 immigration documents in the SEVIS system)
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Proven communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to work in a team environment, including team members in multiple time zones across a variety of organizations;
- Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Google communications, publishing and web analytics tools, CRM software (i.e. Salesforce), and social media.
Your Daily Tasks
You will be a member of a team that….
- Serves as a primary point of contact for U.S. Embassies and Fulbright Commissions overseas;
- Organizes program events and conducts trainings and site visits;
- Supports program communications, publicity, and outreach;
- Represents the interests of IREX's Education Practice both within and outside of the organization;
- Provides monitoring and evaluation efforts and tracks participant and program indicators and impact;
- Compiles and tracks a wide range of participant information and program data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- Maintaining knowledge of country/regional education system and trends.
- Supports preparation for and implementation of Fulbright Teacher Exchanges team workshops and events, including:
- Collaborating with program team to support development and preparation of materials for workshops and events;
- Assisting with event coordination and providing on-site support during workshops;
- Facilitating and/or supporting sessions at teacher training workshops;
- Supporting travel and event logistics.
- Supports implementation of subawards, contracts, vendor and consultant agreements, and other contractual and procurement support;
- Develops program and workshop materials;
- Contributes to funder reports, when requested;
- Develops content for quarterly reports to funder, survey development and implementation, data collection and processing;
- Supports fiscal and performance activities to be in compliance with IREX policies and procedures and funder regulations;
- Processes payment requests and reconciles financial statements with accuracy;
- Works with program participants and alumni, tracks success stories and program impact data;
- Works with the guidance of managers to develop workplans and processes for small projects and team-wide responsibilities;
- Supports the training of team members in processes related to participant data management and collection and other program processes.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org