The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of UAHT’s Outreach Programs. This position oversees the enhancement of outreach activities to ensure they remain in line with and support the overall mission of the organization. The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for the successful delivery of the projects goals and strategies as it pertains to Outreach. This position requires travel throughout the Houston area to attend meetings, provide services, and to develop and work with community partners.
This position reports to the Education and Outreach Manager.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and Implementation
- Provide direct supervision to Outreach staff, volunteers, and interns
- Gain knowledge of human trafficking issues with a specific focus on vulnerable populations
- Support Education and Outreach Manager in the development of UAHT’s Direct Outreach Program
- Conduct street outreach at least 3 to 5 times a week in impoverished, culturally diverse neighborhoods, and on the streets to help identify victims of human trafficking
- Develop and implement strategies to identify new prospect opportunities and community resources to expand outreach efforts
- Develop and plan activities and enrichment opportunities for targeted populations
- Identifies and coordinates opportunities for collaboration with various vendors and community services to support programs objectives
- Support outreach team in various outreach activities and community events such as facilitating workshops in-person and/or virtually – in potentially at-risk populations
- Identify victims of human trafficking and refer to case manager and outside service provides
- Participate in community meetings to better enhance outreach efforts
- Gather data to help support the evaluation of outreach services
- Work closely with partners to generate an increase in the number of human trafficking victims identified
- Meet regularly with direct service organizations to discuss outreach activities
Program Development, Compliance and Expectation
- Stays informed regarding outreach tools, trends, and significant developments in the field
- Oversees the updating of curriculums to ensure they are delivered in the most appropriate manner to the audience and that up-to-date information is included.
- Ensures that approved curriculums are delivered as expected and according to procedure
- Works closely with the Education and Outreach Manager to ensure grant requirements are met
- Ensures that all program entry records are accurate and organized
- Oversees the ongoing collection of data for reporting purposes
- Assists in developing and updating program policies and procedures
- Follows compliance and regulations required by funding sources
- Completes and submits timely and accurate documentation; program paperwork, forms, reports, meeting notes, and all other required correspondence, ensuring it is according to departmental standards
- Reports to the Education and Outreach Manager on the overall successes and issues regarding programming
- Adheres to best practices, quality management, funder, and department goals
- Reports to work consistently and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Follows instructions; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate persons with an alternative plan
- Understands agency policies and procedures and effectively adheres to them
- Maintains appropriate levels of documentation and confidentiality regarding staff files, reports, correspondence, personnel, and paperwork
- Understands and adds to the outcomes and progress of departmental goals
- Attends department meetings, agency-wide staff meetings, and other meetings as scheduled.
- Communicates proactively and professionally with peers and stakeholders through phone and emails
- Follows all regulatory requirements for reporting suspected abuse or neglect
- Team Relationships
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well; gives appropriate recognition to others
- Acts respectfully and supportively towards other team members’ efforts
- Accepts responsibility and willingness to be accountable for work product, and professional growth
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well with group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned staff, interns and volunteers including overall management, implementation, and evaluation
- Manages the outreach team to ensure completion of work, high level of cooperation, and integration with other departments
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees or volunteers; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees or volunteers
- Addresses and manages employee complaints and team/employee issues.
- Involves staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Develops supervisee skills and encourages growth.
- Works continuously to improve supervisory skills, including communication, conflict resolution, leadership, critical thinking, interpersonal skills, time and priority management, diversity and generational differences in the workplace, problem solving.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 2 – 4 years’ experience working with and organizing outreach efforts in the community
· Supervisory Experience
- An in-depth knowledge of human trafficking both globally and locally
- Experience working with vulnerable populations, i.e., human trafficking victims, undocumented immigrants, homeless populations, individuals involved with the criminal justice system, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and the ability to form and manage strong teams
- Must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and concise manner
- Proven ability to organize and implement outreach efforts in the community
- Proven ability to work as a team-player while maintaining positive working relationships
- Self-starter who can navigate leadership skills in any challenging situation that may occur
- Comfortable with going out into the community while practicing social distance safety measures
- Proficient PC skills such as e-mail, MS office, Power point, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- Able to work evenings and weekends if needed
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
The application deadline will be open until filled. To learn more about the organization, visit www.uaht.org.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org