Technology Adaption and Training Specialist. London. Posting Date: 10/15/2020. Deadline: 11/01/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your knowledge and ability to train and help people? We are seeking a Technology Adoption and Training Specialist based in London to market and train technology to our Global Staff.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Information Technology Department at Open Society Foundations strives on providing exceptional service to our users while keeping in mind what we stand for and protecting our data from security breaches by staying vigilant. As a/an
Technology Adaption and Training Specialist at Open Society, you will:
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Translate requirements into training initiatives that will empower employees to use OSF's available technology portfolio more fully
- Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans
- Design and develop online, interactive training material
- Develop or oversee the production of handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results
- Acclimate new hires to OSF's technology ecosystem and conduct technology orientation sessions
- Deliver instructor led training courses
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in the training field
Be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions. Candidates with video editing skills or e-learning authoring software expertise will be prioritized. What we are looking for:
Desirable (but not required):
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
What we offer:
- Experience in utilizing content creation software such as: Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, ScreenSteps, etc.
- Video Editing Skills
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle (ADDIE)
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.