The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) is an independent, international, nonprofit organization devoted to the advancement of interdisciplinary research in the social sciences through a wide variety of workshops and conferences, fellowships and grants, summer training institutes, scholarly exchanges, research, and publications. For more information, please visit our website: www.ssrc.org.
The SSRC seeks a Human Resources and Administration Coordinator to serve as the primary point of contact for staff inquiries. You will assist in managing our day-to-day HR and facilities operations, including recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, compliance, event planning, office operations, and vendor management. In addition, you will collaborate with the Director of Human Resources to develop HR policies and procedures and provide guidance to staff around these policies to ensure organizational compliance.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who can work with direction and independently, exhibit diplomatic interpersonal skills, exercise discretion when handling sensitive information, and commit to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
- Manage full-cycle recruitments using Greenhouse: draft and post job descriptions, review and track applications, attend career fairs, interview candidates, conduct reference and background checks, and make offers.
- Coordinate and conduct onboarding to integrate new colleagues into our organizational culture and practices.
- Maintain personnel files and update employee information in HR software.
- Advise employees and managers on human resources policies and guidelines.
- Assist with benefits administration, including enrollments, terminations, and billing.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of the culture of the organization.
- Organize HR-related events such as the annual holiday party, wellness fairs, and appreciation events.
- Other duties and additional responsibilities and projects as needed.
Facilities and Operations
- Oversee the daily functioning of the office space and office operations.
- Coordinate internal office moves, office planning, and space arrangements for new hires.
- Serve as the liaison between the SSRC and building management.
- Field staff requests/inquiries regarding facilities-related issues.
- Manage general office maintenance, including office cleaning and repairs.
- Coordinate removal and storage of program files to offsite facilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors.
Terms, Salary and Benefits
Annual salary will be commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, disability, life, and gym reimbursement; $1,500 annual tuition and/or student loan reimbursement; outstanding pension plan and tax savings programs; generous vacation and sick leave; and more.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years of experience in human resources, preferably for a nonprofit.
- Experience with recruitment and HR administration is strongly preferred; facilities operation experience a plus.
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations; good knowledge of employment and labor laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; presentation and facilitation skills a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily activities to meet competing deadlines.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- HR certification highly desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org