Childhood Education International (CE International) is looking for a dynamic and creative Global Education Specialist to join a rapidly growing organization dedicated to developing and amplifying innovative solutions to education challenges. CE International focuses particularly on the early years, the education and learning of children from birth to about 10-12 years of age. The Specialist will play a leading and critical role in shaping CE International’s content development and delivery in the form of online trainings, webinars, courses and written topic briefs. This is a mid to senior level position.
The possibility exists for this position to be full-time or part-time. Please state your preference in your cover letter.
General Scope of Position
Working in collaboration with other key members of the CE International global team, the Specialist will create an overall strategy for content development that aligns with the organization’s mission, priorities, and focus interest areas. The Specialist will be expected to collaborate with other Education Specialists and Trainers to employ a continuous improvement strategy for CE International’s content development and delivery.
The Specialist must have a significant grounding in global education, including, but not limited to, knowledge of the network of organizations, institutions and funders that are working in various global education spaces and topic areas, such as girls’ education, education in emergencies and education equity, and be able to deal with a broad range of education related topics. The Specialist should demonstrate a strong understanding of how global education inter-relates to international development and humanitarian response. The Specialist must have experience in, and knowledge of, Early Childhood Development (ECD) or basic/primary education- the earlier years of a child’s development, education and learning.
It is critical that the Specialist be energetic, creative and enthusiastic, able to develop topics for a global audience while ensuring agile, quality content development. As content is created, the Specialist will also work collaboratively with the Communications Director to assist in the development of key marketing messages. The Specialist will also assist in locating and enrolling individuals to create a roster of global education technical experts that CE International can access for placement on various programs, grants and contracting projects.
All staff are expected to support key growth objectives and help CE International achieve financial targets which will, in turn, help to achieve the mission and secure positive outcomes for children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will demonstrate strength in the following functional areas:
- Foster the cultivation of a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where new ideas can be explored
- Support CE International’s outreach to like-minded organizations and assist with partnership development that leads to the production of content - trainings, webinars, courses, etc.
- Contribute to development of new business opportunities in partnership with Business Development staff, working collaboratively to research funding opportunities
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to the CEO and COO and develop reports to the Board, as requested
- Create a strategy plan for content development that aligns with CE International’s mission and priorities
- Support content development for CE International’s three current Practice Areas which also includes, The Center for Education Diplomacy and The Center for Child Trauma and Resilience.
- Utilize best practices in training and course development in accordance with adult learning principles
- Research childhood education topics to enhance the content of programs and initiatives
- Ensure quality and consistency of content and keep generalized training and content as universally applicable as possible, while customizing approaches for specific audiences.
- Maintain training and course content on a continuous basis to keep content relevant and current to meet the needs of the field
- Perfect the techniques of agile, rapid content development while being mindful of quality assurance processes
- Support CE International leaders in driving a culture of best practices in the platforms, technologies and tools used to support adult learning techniques and appropriate instructional design principles
- Stay current on developments in the education sector, specifically reports and initiatives that point to new trends developing in the education sector and particularly in ECD
- Complete simple market research analysis, when required, to assess need for various education content topics (e.g. interviews, surveys, focus groups)
- Understand the basic principles and techniques of monitoring and evaluation (experts in M&E will be solicited for complex projects requirements, however)
- Partner with collaborating organizations, when opportunities arise, to produce content
- Support the provision of CEUs for CE International content (CE International is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training- IACET)
- Other duties, as assigned
Technical Expertise Development
- Engage education leaders and experts who can be included in trainings, webinars and courses, etc.
- Support the enrollment of technical experts in CE International’s roster
- Maintain content communities of practice, as requested
Minimum Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Global Education, Child Development, Education, or a related field
- Mid-Level – Knowledge, and at least 7 years of experience in childhood education and global education or a related area.
- Senior Level- extensive knowledge, and at least 10 years of experience in childhood education, global education or a related area.
- Experience in the design and delivery of international programs related to children’s education or global education issues. Must be able to show content development products during interview, trainings, courses, articles or other samples of content development that you have developed or co-created with team.
- Understanding of international development and humanitarian issues related to children’s education and learning
- Ability to fully support the design and development, and make content delivery decisions, for trainings, courses, webinars, educational seminars and other events. (Most content will be for online global distribution)
Skills and Qualifications
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with partners and with leaders in our global network of Regional Directors and Country Leads
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy and experience selecting platforms and technologies to meet content development and adult learning needs
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously with co-workers and others by sharing ideas and resources willingly, constructively, and positively
- Ability to work independently and lead content development, as well as collaborate as a part of a team
- International work/life experience is preferred
- Languages other than English a plus
- Salary commensurate with years of experience and levels of education
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; or talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Childhood Education International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability.
To apply, email cover letter including salary requirements or salary range and resume to [email protected] You must include your salary requirements or salary range in your cover letter. The possibility exists for this position to be full-time or part-time. Please state your preference in your cover letter. Only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org