Under the general direction of the Management and Consular Officer, the incumbent is responsible for the overall management and administration of the Real Property program, which include the following sections: Residential & Commercial Property Maintenance, Leasing, Material Management, Contracting & Procurement and Finance.
The incumbent plans, manages, recommends and co-ordinates services for all Government of Canada properties in New York, as well as develops and implements service standards and maintenance/ repair programs. The incumbent supervises 6 employees, oversees the budget responsibilities for the Program and leads on the development of strategic documents, correspondence, and reports.
The successful candidate will develop, plan, and implement Program / section objectives; conduct in-depth research from a wide range of sources to analyze trends and propose short- and long-term strategies; direct administrative functions; oversee procurement in support of priorities; and perform other duties, as required.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly how they meet the Language, Education and Experience requirements listed below:
Fluency in English (oral and written).
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or an associate’s degree and at least 5 years relevant experience to the specific areas of competence required by the position.
• At least five (5) years of relevant experience in complex project management including budgeting, planning, development, and implementation in a similar environment. Three of the five years of experience must include commercial and/or residential property life-cycle management including building maintenance and construction projects and operations.
• At least three (3) years of experience managing and supervising staff in the building maintenance and/or construction fields, including regular staff, project staff, and contractors.
• Experience drafting reports, contract proposals, policies and client communications.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of project management processes and procedures;
• Knowledge of real estate, facilities and residential property management in the local market area; and
• Knowledge of budget and contracting processes and procedures
• Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing;
• Lead a cross-functional team, including both staff and contractors;
• Manage complex contracts and technical projects, including the negotiation of the contract through to implementation and completion;
• Analyse situations/ information, identify project requirements, and make recommendations; and
• Evaluate problems and find solutions.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
• Sound judgment;
• Excellent client service skills; and
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to communicate in French.
• Project Management Profession certification or education.
• Experience providing services to and working with a diverse client base, including racialized communities.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org