The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Manager is to support better performance and greater accountability by implementing evidence-based program/project management at the field level, in order to guide and improve performance. The MEAL Manager will provide the technical support to the design of methodologies and tools to ensure the availability of clear and accurate information at the program/project level. The MEAL Manager also plays an important role in data management and quality by designing a MEAL system which adheres to the IMC’s Global MEAL Guidelines, the MEAL Minimum Standards for Quality, and the guiding MEAL policies and procedures. The MEAL Manager will provide technical support to the program and build capacity in the country Mission through strengthening learning and knowledge sharing across the IMC and with the wider humanitarian community. The role holder will also support in project development including preparation and management of the MEAL budget, staffing plan and project design.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- IMC’s policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Project design and planning
- MEAL system
- Data quality management
- Qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Mobile and manual data collection
- Data analysis, including use of statistical software
- Evaluation design
- Management and leadership
- Capacity development and training
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanism
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
- Master's-level or a higher degree in social sciences, public health, statistics, or international development, with experience or background in M&E, epidemiology, public health, and health information management.
- Minimum of 5 years of applied experience with a humanitarian organization in designing, implementing, and overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and building staff capacity within complex programing.
- Experience with M&E approaches for key donors such as OFDA, ECHO, EU, DfID, UN etc.
- Experience in database design and other tools for information management like DHIS2;
- Experience in use of qualitative and quantitative software for data analysis.
- Experience with mobile data collection platform
- Able to identify gaps in staff knowledge of MEAL concepts and skills and provide a training in these topics.
- Know causal analysis approaches (e.g. problem tree analysis, SWOT analysis) and carry out situation analysis and assessment of needs and opportunities (with the inputs of technical specialists).
- Possess the skills to write full narrative reports (needs assessments, internal reviews, progress reports) and executive summaries.
- Demonstrated understanding of data protection and confidentiality as part of data collection and management practices, and ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Competency in using statistical software EPI-Info, SPSS, and STATA.
- Possess the skills in qualitative data analysis software such as MaxQDA, NVivo, Atlas.ti.
- Possess the skills in mobile data collection software such as Ona, KoboToolBox.
- Perform inferential analysis using statistical software.
- Knowledge of inferential statistics.
- Communicate the organizational goals to the team.
- Support innovation and organizational change when needed.
- Have the analytical, conceptual, and strategic thinking skills.
- Build collaborative relationships and foster teamwork.
Other – Languages
- High-level Spanish proficiency (Speaking – Reading – Writing).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org