Provides technical and strategic leadership to a global team responsible for design, implementation and impact of gender-responsive programming across all sectors. Work closely with the Program Quality Team, Learning and Evaluation Team, and Relief and Humanitarian Affairs to facilitate coordination and harmonization of FH’s gender sensitive and responsive programming.
Increase FH’s gender footprint, expertise and impact
- Document lessons learned in FH countries for continuous learning and exchange within FH’s global community.
- With the support of internal and external resources, review and revise FH’s global gender strategy, policies and field guidance to improve the quality of program implementation and impact. Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and program quality standards for field execution.
- Build capacity of country and regional level field staff for the integration of gender into all sectors (health, food security/livelihoods, education, etc.) as well as for quality implementation of gender analysis, planning, M&E and operational research.
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to Regional Gender Leads.
- Develop methodologies and conduct training for field programs with FH and partner staff as part of institutional capacity building, including training in new and existing methodologies.
Provide technical support to FH’s ongoing gender responsive programs
- Advise and support Regional and Country Program staff for the integration of findings from the gender analysis studies into program activity plans, strategies, budgets, and monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
- In collaboration with program management staff, support ongoing adjustments to project strategies to respond to gender analysis findings.
- Conduct field visits to FH offices to support improved project implementation through training, observation, and field assessments.
- Participate in field level, gender assessments to support quality improvement and on-site training and capacity needs.
- Provide technical and managerial oversight for any gender programmatic activities, such as behavior change initiatives to transform gender norms as well as for the integration of gender into other sector activities to promote gender equity.
Provide technical support for the development of new programs
- Stay abreast of relevant donor policies, guidance and initiatives to pre-position FH for grant opportunities.
- Increase FH’s gender related innovation and learning through testing of new models, and project research in grant development.
- Write technical components related to gender for proposal development.
- Ensure that gender is integrated across sectors within proposals including Theories of Change and strategies in each sector.
- Advocate ensuring that gender is adequately budgeted for in proposal budget applications.
- Evaluate the appropriate gender assessments required based on donor requirements; identify or develop appropriate assessment tools; and support and/or conduct the assessments.
Represent FH in international communities for learning, exchange, advocacy and partnership
- Pursue ongoing training, professional and personal development for FH through seminars, conferences, and other knowledge sharing events.
- Contribute to learning platforms for the mainstreaming of promising practices.
- Represent FH at relevant forums, working groups in order enhance FH’s technical work and reputation in the international development community.
- Develop strong relationships with other NGOs exploring areas for expansion, partnership and information exchange.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
- Excellent people skills including warmth, humility and sensitivity; able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures and different education and expertise levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
- Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
- Ability to speak/write fluently in Spanish, Swahili, Portuguese or French is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time per year in the US and internationally, to insecure countries or locations.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in gender programming, most preferably related to food security, livelihoods, health, nutrition, WASH and emergency response.
- Prior experience in a complex, matrixed organization, with the ability to scale processes in a global, professional, service organization.
- Master’s degree in Gender Studies or a related field preferred (agriculture, nutrition, development studies, social sciences, health).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org