Maher & Maher is a specialized change management and workforce development consulting firm that delivers tailored solutions to public sector organizations and commercial clientele. Now in our 31st year, the firm is known for innovative organizational development solutions that focus on managing change, fostering collaboration, process improvement, specialized training, message customization, e-Learning strategy and design, and executive and work group facilitation.
Maher & Maher is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as an Analyst/Assistant Project Manager. This position will play an important role in helping implement workforce development initiatives across the country and will work on projects with federal agencies, state agencies, and other organizations to develop and deliver varied and innovative outreach, technical assistance, and training solutions for clients. These solutions include change management strategies; engagement with business, education, and workforce partners; technical assistance guides and materials; online learning platforms and web-based training; and in-person facilitation and training. Maher & Maher’s projects focus on a range of topics, such as apprenticeship, competency models, youth programs, sector strategies, and others, that are critical to workforce development today.
- Conduct research to support partner development, and manage communication and engagement with project partners.
- Support virtual and in-person events, such as training webinars, peer learning exchanges, and conferences.
- Support production of technical assistance materials, such as training guides, technical assistance toolkits, webpages, and fact sheets.
- Support client meetings, including developing materials for clients, writing meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
- Manage and support the development and implementation of project schedules, plans, goals, and budgets with limited supervision of more senior staff.
- Utilize technology to support the team to effectively and efficiently accomplish project goals.
- Manage project data and produce project reports.
- Develop expertise in subject matter areas relevant to project topics.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in a related social science field.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience is required, preferably related to workforce development, education, economic development, or human services fields.
- Prior experience managing project deliverables in a fast-paced environment is highly desired.
- Experience effectively managing competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Experience with consulting or working with client-based projects is a plus.
- Self-motivated achiever who identifies opportunities to drive value and takes the initiative to lead solutions.
- Ability to exercise strong attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills. Includes the ability to produce consistent, high-quality deliverables while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, is a must. Includes the ability to communicate complex technical material succinctly and accurately, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent people skills with a customer service-oriented approach, and a focus on building relationships with the client and project team.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment. Includes the ability to be flexible to meet project priorities.
- Proficient in Outlook 365 and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with other technology tools, such as SharePoint, Zoom, or Adobe Connect, is a plus.
Candidate must be located within commuting distance of downtown Washington, DC.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org