PRONTO International (www.prontointernational.org) is a Seattle-based global health NGO that designs and conducts simulation-based training for healthcare provider teams in limited resource countries and the United States. We use an innovative, evidence-based approach to help clinical providers move from knowledge to practice in the management of maternal and newborn emergencies.
PRONTO International seeks an energetic person to fill the position of Program and Operations Coordinator. This person will become a member of a small, agile and highly productive team. We believe in building job satisfaction through exciting, mission-driven work; professional development; regular feedback; and intentional on-the-job growth opportunities. This role reports to the Executive Director and is based in Seattle, WA.
The primary roles of the Program and Operations Coordinator will be to provide critical support on the implementation of PRONTO’s global programs, ensure operational and communications excellence, support the Executive Director, and most importantly they will “manage up” to keep the full team informed and moving forward on processes and projects. A successful Program & Operations Coordinator will be committed to service, have a team-oriented “can-do” approach and should be well-organized, extremely detail-oriented, flexible, able to anticipate needs before they arise, and work independently.
Minimum education required: Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Demonstrated interest in global health, public health, maternal health or related field preferred. This background could have been gained through professional work, volunteer work, internships, coursework, or educational experience.
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills as demonstrated during at least 2 cumulative years of experience through work, volunteering, or internships
• Willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks
• Work flexible hours including early mornings, late evenings and some weekends for international calls
• Strong Interest in and demonstrable ability to learn and troubleshoot new software
• Problem-solving mindset, think creatively and anticipate needs before they arise
• Able to work without oversight, proactive
• Strong analytical, writing, editing, and verbal skills for communicating with broad and diverse stakeholders
• Must be a cooperative team player with culturally and geographically diverse staff and partners; have awareness and understanding of issues of privilege, oppression, and the decolonization of global health
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
• Able to manage multiple competing priorities while coordinating resources needed to meet deadlines
• Have a strong mix of confidence and humility; willingness to ask questions and learn
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org