The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting functions for the organization under the direction of the CPO and will be responsible for supporting the executive team by organizing contacts, directing calls, coordinating meeting requests and schedules, and preparing correspondence. With a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, the Administrative Assistant will assist with organizational event coordination and management, as requested, and will also provide support to administrative tasks related to our board of directors. In addition, this person will attend specific meetings, provide follow-up reports as required, and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the CPO and the executive team.
- Manage schedules and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Respond to meeting and information requests
- Manage and update key contacts in organizations database and executives files
- Prepare materials for meetings and events as required
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of senior leadership
- Handle any special projects requested by senior leadership
- Assist with internal communications efforts
- Attend meetings as requested and manage required follow-up
- Record and distribute meeting notes and coordinate related follow-up activities
- File and retrieve organizational documents and reports both in hard and soft copy
- Establish excellent working relationship with the Members of the Board of Directors in verbal, written, and electronic correspondence
- Arrange travel as required
- Assist with WFP USA hosted events
- Process expense reports
- Prepare presentations
- Other duties as directed
- College degree and 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
- 2+ years' experience working with a Board of Directors
- Proficient in Windows Platform software; Salesforce experience a plus
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills (interpersonal or presentation, or both).
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to organize time, work independently, as well as follow direction, collaborate, coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines on time and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly flexible and provide exemplary customer service to diverse, audiences
- Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners, and donors
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving, and strong decision-making capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Interest in public policy
- Interest and knowledge of humanitarian assistance, international development or global hunger is preferable
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org