As a Manager, Project Delivery you will work as part of a collaborative team implementing projects for a range of clients – from large bilateral and multilateral donors to foundations and private sector companies – to advance the social and economic wellbeing of youth and adults around the world. In this role, you will directly contribute to the implementation of projects in one or more of Making Cents’ core practice areas, including youth development, women’s empowerment, agriculture and food security, entrepreneurship and enterprise development, financial inclusion, M&E, research, and learning, and workforce development.. You will provide support to assessments, strategy designs, capacity-building approaches, knowledge management activities, rapid response teams, grant-making, and monitoring and evaluation activities. Success in this role requires you to be detail-oriented, focused on quality, well-organized, dedicated to teamwork, proactive, and flexible in a dynamically expanding environment.
Principal Duties include:
Project Delivery Activities
- Serving as a project officer, guiding work and activities for select projects through the project cycle from launch to close-out.
- Leading activities related to budget development and monitoring, level-of-effort utilization, invoicing, subcontractor management, consultant recruitment and management, vendor management, deliverable development and tracking, project documentation, etc., confirming that activities are compliant with funder regulations and company policies.
- In coordination with the assigned Team Lead and other team members, developing work plans and budget estimates for projects and specific in-country assessments and activities, identifying tasks to be accomplished, mechanisms for completion, and realistic client-focused timelines.
- Conducting periodic reviews of projects’ progress towards objectives, as well as in meeting financial targets.
- Working along with other team members to manage client relations and tactical aspects of project implementation.
- Drafting, issuing, and participating in RFP/Qs for specific services (e.g., security, research, etc.) related to in-country or specific project activities.
- Contributing to, designing, and/or implementing customized technical approaches based on clients' needs and Making Cents' core services
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Contributing to activities related to monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning. This may include contributing to research, literature reviews, surveys, interviews/focus groups, and/or database development.
- Contributing to the development and adaptation of technical frameworks and tools.
- Contributing to thought leadership through written materials on topics of expertise.
- Actively developing own skills and contribute to the development of other team members through peer-to-peer learning, mentoring, and coaching.
- Contributing to the development of processes, systems, approaches, and tools to capture and effectively communicate lessons learned and best practices from project activities.
Business Development and Communications
- Participating in networking and client relationship development opportunities.
- Developing communication pieces, such as learning products, reports, presentations, capability statements, website updates, briefing documents, and case studies.
- Represent Making Cents to clients through presentations and speaking engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years’ work experience
- Experience in international development, either through direct work or training (e.g., Peace Corps or similar overseas development program)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
Our ideal candidates are:
- Graduates of an advanced degree program in the youth development, social sciences, business, education, economics, policy, international relations/development
- Excellent writers, communicators, and presenters
- Able to develop strategies and execute with a high degree of ownership
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial and driven to innovate in a flexible environment
- Resourceful problem-solvers who take the initiative to learn new skills
- Able to manage up, articulate opinions, and present resourceful alternatives
- Proficient in one or more foreign languages, with a preference for French, Spanish or Arabic
Telework until our Washington, DC office reopens; longer-term telework arrangement available. Ability and willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries. Up to 15% travel anticipated.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org