Banyan Global is recruiting for a Constraints Analysis Economic Growth Expert to provide development economics and gender and social inclusion (GSI) technical support for this Call Order. The Constraints Analysis Economic Growth Expert will work on a team of specialists to incorporate an understanding of economic constraints within the Call Order, participate in primary and secondary data collection, and contribute to reports. The assignments will focus on Sierra Leone and Kiribati. This position is remote with some travel required depending on COVID-19 restrictions and is contingent upon contract award.
- Contribute to a team of international and national technical, research, and sector specialists;
- Participate in secondary data collection (literature review) and primary data collection remotely or by traveling to Sierra Leone and Kiribati with a team of national and international GSI experts;
- Provide GSI technical support specifically in development economics to Banyan Global HQ and MCC GSI staff in Sierra Leone and Kiribati, on an as-needs basis;
- Support the identification of constraints to Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE);
- Incorporate an understanding of constraints and their features to provide a warrant for further development of inclusive, equity-promoting programming;
- Provide technical support to MCC GSI staff in the Root Cause Analysis of Binding Constraints, which includes both a) root cause analysis and b) development of high-level project concepts;
- Contribute to the interim/final evaluation report to MCC.
- Minimum of an advanced degree, preferably a Ph. D., in economics;
- At least 10 years’ expertise of economic analysis and experience in inclusive growth concepts and approaches;
- Expertise in HRV growth diagnostics is preferred;
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing new and innovative frameworks, methodology, and tools to identify and analyze barriers to inclusive growth and the impact of these barriers on the poor, women, other disadvantaged groups, and their access to productive workforce and entrepreneurship participation;
- At least 5 years' experience with leading multisectoral teams, and working with donors and governments;
- At least 5 years' experience working in developing countries, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia;
- Proven strong leadership and team-work skills and ability to deliver results within specified and often changing timeframes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate complex issues to a wide range of audiences;
- Previous MCC experience preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org