Winrock is recruiting a Senior Capacity Development Manager for the anticipated five-year U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Vietnam Reducing Pollution opportunity.
The Vietnam Reducing Pollution project will provide sub-awards to local organizations for collective action approaches to address environmental pollution challenges. The project will work in key urban centers in Vietnam, providing capacity building services and support knowledge-sharing and learning among local organizations. This activity will strengthen local networks for pollution prevention and mitigation. The Senior Capacity Building Manager will lead the capacity building and strengthening processes with local CSOs, private sector and government bodies. This position is contingent upon award.
The Senior Capacity Development Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and management of capacity building/strengthening processes including the institutional strengthening plans that are in alignment with a co-design and collective action approach. S/he will work closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and the Director, Subgrants and Awards to ensure that partners are achieving project milestones and monitor capacity improvements against indicators of successful outcomes. S/he will assist in identifying sub grantees, monitor sub grantees/partners and lead efforts of training and mentoring of partner sub grantees.
- Leading the capacity development strategy and ensuring activities are well planned and implemented in line with defined strategic direction and approaches of the project, including co-design and collective action;
- Provide direct line management, supportive supervision, training, coaching and mentoring to other capacity development team members/staff under his/her management;
- Leads knowledge and understanding of CD processes to project team;
- Lead process of organisational capacity assessments of partner subgrantees; develop institutional development plans for partners;
- Train cadre of trainers and support the development of capacity strengthening interventions in collaboration with partners;
- Identify and provide training and mentoring on a range of organizational development topics; facilitate capacity and risk assessments of sub grantees in collaboration with the grants unit;
- Regularly collect, analyze and report on capacity development data;
- Promote effective communication and coordination between and amongst relevant units i.e. grants, finance, program and M&E;
- Participate and play key role in collaborative learning and adaptation processes;
- Develop and maintain effective and positive relationships with partner subgrantees, including government bodies and private sector;
- Participate in the formulation of strategic and policy issues related to the design, development, implementation and evaluation of capacity development; monitoring;
- Leads development of new CD tools and processes; ensures the relevance of all CD measurement tools;
- In collaboration with the grants unit, support the development of selection criteria and guidelines for identifying partners and selecting project proposals;
- Ensures dissemination and use of lessons and adapt to changes, as required;
- Establishes communication systems with partner grantees and helps to support and/or create an enabling environment for collective action among and between partners;
- Travel domestically to support project sub-grantees.
- A minimum of 3 years with Masters’ degree and 5 years with BA and experience in Capacity Building/Development of sub-awardees, of which at least 3 years in managerial position. BA/MA in Sociology, environment, management, education or in related fields. S/he is expected to establish and maintain open and effective and transparent relationships with partners, donors, Winrock team and other stakeholders for successful outcomes;
- Extensive experience in participatory capacity development methodologies;
- Excellent facilitation and training skills in a variety organizational development topics;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners and their target communities;
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Demonstrated report writing, strong professional and technical skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Proficiency in word-processing;
- Experience with CSO/NGO and/or environment sector in Vietnam preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org