The World Conference of Religions for Peace (Religions for Peace) is the world’s largest international multi-religious organization with over 90 national chapters and affiliates (Inter-Religious Councils/IRCs) in over 100 countries. Founded in 1970, it is dedicated to multi-religious advocacy and practical actions around peace and security, development and human rights.
The Programme Officer on Partnership and Interreligious Education will be responsible for coordinate a variety of programme-related tasks, including developing work plan, M&E plan, writing reports and ensuring due diligence on all projects and initiatives-related financial accountability. S/He shall maintain partnerships with critical UN Agencies, academic institutions, NGOs/FBOs, and faith institutions. The Programme Officer is responsible for coordinating virtual convenings between partner organization and Religions for Peace movement members to further our Strategic Objectives. The Programme Officer is also responsible for sustaining and expanding of the Global Interfaith Youth Network through coordination with the Interfaith Youth Network as well as youth desks of partner organizations and faith institutions.
The Programme Officer reports directly to the Director of Programmes.
• Assist in addressing programmatic responsibilities, including, project implementation, monitoring, reporting, as well as equipping for organizational development and capacity building
• Help to formulate, oversee and report on project budgets, and relevant donor compliance supporting documents
• Assist in overall coordination of programmes and projects by affiliated national and regional interreligious councils and field offices in close coordination with other departments
• Liaise with academic institutions to develop and implement joint efforts and strengthen partnership
• Research and prepare background papers, talking points, policy recommendations, research projects for senior leadership and management
• Assist in the overall development and coordination of international conferences, including in the development of the preparatory plan, implementation and follow-up, while providing technical and logistical support for programmes.
• Support and advise the International Youth Committee (IYC), the Youth Media Team (YMT), regional, and national youth networks in organization and program development
• Expand the Global Interfaith Youth Network through the establishment of national and regional bodies, including extracurricular programs for high school and college students
• Maintain and develop relations with youth organizations in the respective faith communities and with nonreligious youth networks
• Assist in other assignments as requested
To apply, contact [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org