Ibec is Ireland’s largest lobby and business representative group. Our purpose is to help build a better, sustainable future by influencing, supporting and delivering for business success. With over 230 employees, we deliver on our purpose by engaging key stakeholders through our six regional offices in Ireland, and internationally through our Brussels office and our extensive international network in the UK and US.
International Business is a new division aligned to Ibec’s multi-year strategy and established to deliver on our goals for international reach, influence, growth, and scale.
This new permanent role will work closely with and support the Executive Director of International Business in building and strengthening international relationships and networks and developing and driving initiatives and programs designed to expand our leadership on issues globally that have the greatest impact on our economy and society; to enhance support for businesses that do business in, with and through Ireland; and to create new and sustainable revenue streams.
This role offers the successful candidate the potential for professional growth as the division evolves and expands, the opportunity to introduce and bring to fruition new ideas, and to be part of people-first, high-performance culture that fosters collaboration, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit.
Success will require a clear understanding of the international geopolitical and policy environment, of the issues facing global business today, and of the environment in which Ibec operates. Outstanding interpersonal, communication and business development skills, strategic and entrepreneurial thinking, political acumen, and a strong service focus are essential.
Stakeholder relationship management
- Collaborate with Ibec colleagues and members to leverage and grow existing external relationships;
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement strategies to build and nurture new stakeholder relationships;
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement strategies to grow international networks in new markets;
- Support strategies to enhance Ibec’s profile through strategic alliances.
Program and business development
- Lead on key elements of the division’s business plan and identify potential international business opportunities;
- Identify and support the development of new pathways to growth;
- Develop and manage special projects as required.
- Initiate and represent Ibec at networking events;
- Serve as a media spokesperson on key issues as needed;
- Participate in speaking opportunities on behalf of ibec;
- Collaborate closely with other divisions on communications, sponsorship, corporate relations, and events;
- Play a leading role in the development and implementation of a communications and events plan for the division.
- Oversee, support and coach International Business staff and contracted employees as needed;
- Manage supplier relationships as needed;
- Work closely with the Executive Director on budget management, forecasting and strategic planning;
- Collaborate with other divisions on a range operational and business matters.
Above is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change in line with organisation and operational needs.
- 3rd level or equivalent in a business-related or related area;
- Masters level or significant background/experience in international business or international affairs;
- Additional post graduate qualifications an advantage.
Knowledge and interests
- An understanding of Ibec and its role;
- Demonstrated understanding of the global business and policy environment;
- Familiarity with the important issues facing the global business community;
- Passionate about business trends, international markets, current affairs and geopolitics.
- Demonstrated business development and/or program development experience;
- Demonstrated experience managing in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Demonstrated experience in building and nurturing high-value stakeholder and business relationships;
- Experience in international business, international relations or international affairs;
- Experience in a service delivery environment;
- Experience in strategy development;
- Experience in budget management.
Competencies and behaviours
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships with companies, associations, government, stakeholders, and the public at a range of levels;
- Excellent communication skills founded on a willingness to listen. High-end abilities in both verbal and written communications;
- A demonstrated ability to build consensus on complicated issues and making difficult decisions when necessary;
- Creative, solution-oriented problem solver with the ability to turn ideas into potential commercial or reputational outcomes;
- Ability to deal effectively with business leaders and senior officials;
- Ability to lead and motivate high-performing teams;
- Collaborative, results-oriented team player;
- Experience working with the media and ability to act as a spokesperson is an asset;
- Issues management experience is an asset;
- Good command of another EU language would be an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org