AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include immersion-based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Compliance and Budget Manager provides analysis, pre award and post award services, and oversight to ensure compliance with OMB Uniform Guidance and grant specific requirements; serve as a resource for staff of grant funded programs for fiscal and programmatic compliance matters.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Prepare and/or review information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
· Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with government regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
· Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits, and cross-site
evaluations and participate as appropriate.
· Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
· Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs.
· Oversee purchasing policy and ensure that purchases conform to applicable Federal law and standards of the OMB Uniform Guidance.
· Interface with stakeholders/user departments to provide sound advice and recommendations regarding procurement actions.
· Conduct research, evaluate, and present options for selection of contractors and subrecipients.
Monitor Subawards / Subsidiary Office
· Ensure subrecipient monitoring procedures are compliant with federal and other applicable regulations and are consistent with sound business practices.
· Monitor subrecipient / subsidiary Office compliance with federal regulations and the requirements of their subrecipient agreements through site visits, audits, and other mechanisms applicable to subrecipient monitoring. Recommend actions necessary to resolve issues/concerns.
· Review applicable (AFS Partner) grant related invoices
· Provide guidance in interpreting and executing applicable regulations and subrecipient award terms and conditions.
General Accounting, Budgeting and Audit Functions:
· Management of UG audit to include all aspects of grant accounting and reporting
· Responsible for driving monthly close process and development of indirect cost allocation methodology
· Applicable grant revenue recognition
· Compile / review budgets, as well as variance reporting and analysis
· Periodic account by account review, and reconciliations
· Prepare analysis of indirect/direct costs as required for annual NICRA negotiations
· Support and maintain grant management accounting system
· Bachelor’s degree required with major in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum 5 years progressive experience in federal grant management including procurement and subrecipient monitoring
· Applicable experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management and
· Working knowledge of nonprofit business operations and federal/state grant and contract funding mechanisms.
· Broad base of relevant technical knowledge and skills related to accounting and financial
· management and procurement systems, fund accounting experience desirable.
· Good research, data management, and statistical analysis skills
· Detail oriented with excellent verbal, written and strong interpersonal skills
· Microsoft Office Applications, proficiency in Excel and Word
SALARY AND BENEFIT:
We offer salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org