RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most at-risk refugees. We support those who have fled persecution, war and/or violence, in particular unaccompanied and other vulnerable children, women, survivors of violence and torture, refugees from LGBTIQ communities, and others. We work with those in need of basic human protections, struggling to survive with limited/no humanitarian assistance or social safety nets and who are often overlooked and forgotten.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development to support the Development and Communications team, and maintain systems related to fundraising, database management, and donor stewardship. This includes managing RefugePoint’s donor CRM database (Salesforce), supporting the development and implementation of engagement strategies for member-level and monthly donors, and conducting research to support institutional and major donor engagement strategies.
The Development Associate will also interface effectively with the Development team and Finance & Administration staff to ensure the acknowledgement and processing of donations in accordance with established procedures. The Associate is responsible for generating reports, employing data analytics, and managing peripheral tools to ensure quality and to support ongoing planning and learning efforts.
While this position requires at least two years of experience and knowledge of Salesforce, the role is also designed to be a great learning experience to gain insight into all aspects of a development department, including annual giving, major gifts, grants, events, communications, etc. The Development Associate will get to work with all team members on various projects.
- Maintain Salesforce/CRM system (donor and contact database) including data entry, report generation, data analysis, system updates, campaign progress, documenting protocols and processes, and training others as necessary
- Oversee database architecture, ensuring that fields are used consistently across the organization and those standard procedures are fully documented and understood
- Maintain funding details in Salesforce (database) and ensures all donations are processed and acknowledged in a timely manner
- Maintain overall data integrity by eliminating duplication, identifying and correcting errors/problems, and develop strategies and institutionalize best practices for creating, editing, and deleting records
- Enter and maintain donor records, marketing lists, grant and contract details, and all relevant data into the Salesforce database
- Create reports including donor reports, fundraising reports, Annual Report lists, and other ad-hoc reports as needed
- Support Development and Executive team members with timely entering of donor information into Salesforce
Donor Stewardship and Donation Processing
- Process all donations from multiple platforms, including sending formal acknowledgement/receipts
- Maintain an electronic filing system for all donation records to provide accessibility, consistency, and transparency with regards to all donation processes
- Collaborate with the Finance and Administration team for monthly and annual reconciliation of donation records
General Development Support and Project Management
- Assist with managing and generating contact lists for newsletters, appeals or other mailings; assist with coordinating special signatures, special notes, and addressing and mailing fundraising appeals
- Support the Major Gifts Officer in prospect research and preparing donor profiles, including biographical and demographic information before key donor/prospect meetings or events
- Support the Institutional Relationship Officer with grant research and the development of proposals for key funders
- Provide planning support for events (in-person and virtual)
- Support the Development team members with special projects, scheduling meetings with funders, and other office management tasks as needed
Campaign Support and Project Management
- Work in partnership with the Communications Associate to plan and implement three annual fundraising campaigns (Giving Tuesday, Spring Appeal, and Year-End Appeal)
- Identify and create new fundraising campaign strategies for member-level and monthly donors with the goal of generating new leads
- Manage and oversee the Monthly Donor and Member-Level donor portfolio
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional data analysis skills
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to prioritize competing assignments and deliver quality results on a deadline
- Creative, enthusiastic, and steeped in customer service orientation
- Professional maturity and sound judgment required for working with stakeholders
- Capable of working successfully as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow established procedures
- Excellent project management and time management skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Required: At least two years of experience in a similar development position with fundraising exposure
- Required: Demonstrated experience with Salesforce (including data management, gift processing, and report generation)
- Demonstrated skills at executing detail-oriented projects to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of prospect research and/or wealth analytics such as iWave a plus
- High degree of comfort with technology
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Must be professional, personable, and able to maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to travel, including possible international travel
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the refugee field an advantage, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range is $45,000 - $55,000. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical and dental insurance; life, accidental death and dismemberment, and short and long-term disability plans. The organization also provides a 401(k) plan and offers a 6% match to eligible employees after 1 year of continuous employment. RefugePoint offers 32 days of combined sick, personal, and vacation time per year in addition to 12 annual holidays. Other benefits include parental leave, volunteer time, flexible healthcare and dependent care accounts, and the opportunity for a flexible schedule.
A diverse workforce helps RefugePoint realize its fullest potential. RefugePoint is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all persons in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry, or any other factor unrelated to job performance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org