The Communications Manager will manage and lead the implementation of EngenderHealth’s communications plan, focused on ensuring clear and compelling print, digital, and other communications about our programs, processes, and impact. They work with communications team members, our country office-based communications champions, and others across the organization to raise visibility of our work and share programmatic lessons.
The Communications Manager is integral to our programmatic, business development, and fundraising efforts, and understands our various stakeholders to ensure that we are reaching them effectively. Their scope of work includes overseeing our strategic communications via our organizational website, social media, video and digital/print materials, and events, and tracking metrics related to communications activities and impact.
Priorities in the first year include:
- Launching an updated organizational website (design in process);
- Developing materials and messages to share results from projects that are ending;
- Support key technical publications and their dissemination;
- Leading on the organizational annual report;
- Implementing our digital media strategy;
- Increasing dissemination of program results, impact stories, and other core messages;
- Building additional capacity among our international communications champions, particularly in story gathering and social media;
- Leading the planning team for the organization’s participation in the November 2023 International Conference on Family Planning.
Must meet the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in communications, public relations, international development, or related field;
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent written and oral communications;
- A record of developing effective communications materials that advance business goals/organizational strategy, including digital, print, and video materials;
- Experience developing messaging, talking points, and related resources to be used by leadership and staff;
- Ability to drive EngenderHealth’s event engagement strategy for conferences and events;
- Ability to support country and program offices to develop story gathering and media relations capacities;
- Ability to travel internationally as needed;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with journalists, editors, producers, bloggers, and published thought leaders around the world.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Passion for effective communications;
- Ability to balance competing priorities, including the ability to say “no” when necessary, to ensure focus on the highest priorities;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team, including across departments and with nearby and distant colleagues;
- Commitment to sharing information and supporting internal communications and knowledge management;
- Commitment to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Basic skills in web design, photo/video editing, illustration, and/or layout, using (for example) HTML, Canva, Photoshop, and/or Adobe;
- Experience in nonprofit sector, reproductive health/family planning, women’s rights, human rights, global health, international development preferred;
- Supervisory experience and experience procuring and managing vendors/consultants;
- French language skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org