When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As an Associate – Environmental Social and Governance Management with Hines, you will assist in coordinating ESG policies, frameworks and working with broader Hines country teams (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Denmark) to successfully implement ESG initiatives accordingly. You will ensure that the portfolios and the individual assets are achieving ESG performance goals. A large part of the responsibilities will be to help establish and integrate ESG standards into the European real estate platform, focusing on all aspects and programs: Environmental, Social and Governance. Activities will range from reviewing, writing or adjusting ESG policies, establishing ESG standards, best practices and tools, and supporting in the development and implementation of ESG action plans for assets that are ambitious yet achievable. You will also be resposibible for coordinating initiatives, providing training, and fostering collaboration with wider organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand, develop, implement, and expand ESG strategies for operational, value-add, and development assets.
- Set ESG standards across the European platform for different asset classes and strategies (operational, value-add, development).
- Coordinate with third party consultants – property, facility, and construction managers to ensure that ESG strategies for each asset are kept current and forward-thinking every year.
- Review the details of each asset’s ESG strategy and set annual goals to achieve successful implementation within asset.
- Create and maintain ESG budgets in excel format per asset on an on-going basis.
- Ensure that ESG is closely integrated into the life-cycle of every asset – obtaining acquisition due diligences, tracking of Sustainability Assessment and Action Plans, implementation of green leases, obtaining sustainability certifications, utility consumption data collection, monitoring and optimization, procurement of renewable energy, climate risk studies, social programs, among other initiatives.
- Review and implement Net Zero strategies for operational, value-add and development strategies – thus have a strong understanding of the technical aspects of the buildings, operations, and energy management.
- Internal and External Relationships:
- Establish and maintain relationships with broad Hines teams: local country asset managers, portfolio management, fund management, marketing, human resources, compliance, engineering, and capital markets.
- Consult and coordinate initiatives with third party ESG consultants, technical consultants, property managers, facility managers or other related.
- When relevant coordinate with third party property and/or facility managers.
- ESG Reporting:
- Prepare (or assist in preparation of) selected required ESG reporting on a quarterly basis for assets – Sustainability Assessment and Action Plans.
- Coordinate the assurance process of ESG metrics such as utility consumption data for the inclusion in audited investor report.
- Assist in the coordination of an ESG marketing brochure for investment mandates or for the European platform, as required.
- Assist in planning, coordination, and preparation of Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) submission for various Hines investment mandates.
Minimum Requirements include:
Bachelor's degree ideally in Environmental Studies, Construction Management, Structural Engineering, or Real Estate Management or related subject matter from an accredited institution
- Three or more years related experience in ESG consulting related to real estate management, or ESG role within real estate management.
- Two or more years' experience as a Property, Facility or Energy manager and thus understand buildings and how they operate and are managed on-site.
Driven, rigorous, flexible, versatile and with good people skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Capable of working with many different constituencies within a matrix organisation.
Strong organizational, communication, problem solving skills, able to prioritise and work independently.
Should have a good sense of the theoretical side of ESG but an even stronger understanding of the practical side of implementing ESG in real estate.
Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, have a strong command of verbal and written English.
A second language will be considered as an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org