At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM North America Cloud Platform Digital team is seeking a highly talented individual to fill a consultative, client-focused, sales role specifically with in the Cloud Platform brand.
At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. You will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
Cloud Platform Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure centered in Global Digital Sales Center in Dallas, TX and with extensive use of digital tools. As a Digital Seller, you will build your digital mastery skills and expand your social influence with a focus on client satisfaction.
Our Cloud Platform Reps. are game changers; join a team where you can do your best work!
In this role you will actively
- Qualify leads and opportunities by identifying Budget, Authority, Need and Timeframe (BANT )
- Identify use cases within an assigned industry for IBM Cloud Platform
- Generate pipeline though prospecting activities, and marketing sales plays
- Forecast outcomes on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis
- Engage clients to develop trust and credibility
- Help clients of all sizes and markets grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Demonstrate consultative sales techniques, technology solution knowledge and industry expertise to influence client decisions, add new value and meet immediate and long-term business requirements
- Engage client decision makers to drive alignment and consensus on IBM solutions via social, phone or in-person interactions
- Identify potential new buyers and solution opportunities within the client organizations using IBM tools and other social business resources
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, building, and delivering client value propositions; share insights that promote the IBM brand using social media
- Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to grow current clients and generate new business opportunities
- Collaborate with IBM sales, technical, executive, product development, financial, and other support resources to deliver extraordinary client engagements
- Continuously maintain and grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions and industry applications, applying expertise to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
This role may be for you if you show a proven track record of accomplishment in:
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Conversant and knowledgeable about Cloud technology, trends and how Cloud technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Team collaboration and leadership
- Experience demonstrating business insight for long-lasting client relationships and results
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, International Relations, Management Information Systems (MIS) or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of proven success in a territory owned sales role
- Extensive knowledge working with SaaS, PaaS and IaaS solutions, VmWare, Cloud Storage, Kubernetes and Containers, Backup and Disaster Recovery and Cloud Managed Services.
- Experience working with Independent Software Vendors, Cloud Service Providers and or Managed Service Providers
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Possess leadership skills with self-motivation
- Ability to collaborate and work with internal IBM teams IBM partners externally
- Be a creative problem solver and open to change
- Ability to work in complex, matrix managed organizational environments
- Experience and understanding of the Cloud market
- Software Sales Experience
- Solution Sales Experience
- Client Facing Experience
- Experience leading direct and matrixed sales organizations
- Ability to develop, drive and communicate a clear winning strategy for IBM Cloud
- Must be located in the Dallas, TX area.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org