CCWA is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that believes that its employees and their talents are at the heart of its mission. We value employee dedication to our mission, and we aim to nurture a professional environment that places employees’ work performance and wellbeing at the center of our policies. We offer a competitive benefits package to full-time employees and a supportive work environment.
The Program Associate for International Exchanges is responsible for submitting IVLP proposals; identifying professional resources to meet with international groups; handling on-the-ground logistics and accompanying groups; and tracking IVLP data.
1. Respond to and submit program proposals to National Program Agencies (NPA) for International Visitor Leadership Program (IVL) projects to come to Cleveland.
2. Develop, plan and executes the IVLP programs that CCWA is awarded.
3. Oversee record keeping and data entry for key measurements for IVLP.
4. Assist Program Officer in cultivating volunteers and resources (Citizen Diplomats).
5. Assume additional duties, as needed to support CCWA’s mission.
Key Duties and Expectations
Across these areas of responsibility, the Program Associate will successfully:
• Work closely and under the supervision of the Program Officer.
• Demonstrate the level of professionalism required to carry exchange programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State through NPA.
• Draft compelling IVLP proposals and program itineraries that showcase Cleveland as a destination for international visitors.
• Secure confirmations with prospective presenters and home hospitality volunteers, and handle follow-up acknowledgements, in a manner that builds positive long-term relationships with CCWA’s Citizen Diplomats.
• Identify and initiate collaboration with community partners/organizations.
• Manage all scheduling logistics, including arrangements for hotel, transportation and meeting venues; and liaise with NPA regarding all details.
• Effectively communicate with State Department liaisons and Citizen Diplomats.
• Oversee social media related to group visits and travel with groups, as needed.
• Undertake extensive data entry and reporting duties to maintain IVLP records, as required by NPA, with special attention to detail.
• Assist Program Officer in developing billing statements for NPA and vendors.
• Actively participate in national exchange network, Global Ties U.S.
• Support the Program Officer’s oversight of the work of interns and volunteers.
• Assume additional duties as needed.
The Program Associate will work independently and under the direction of the Program Officer. The Associate will collaborate with CCWA colleagues as an effective and proactive team player to ensure positive working relationships and strong communication across the organization. This position requires frequent interaction with CCWA members, volunteers, community partners, the general public and the CCWA Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Nonprofit Management, English, Communications, International Relations or other relevant field (required).
• International experience, foreign language skills and attentiveness to diversity, equity and inclusion, including cultural diversity, all strongly preferred.
• Possess the ability and judgment to conduct research to identify presenters for IVLP groups and determine appropriate hosting opportunities.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Be able to interface with a wide variety of constituencies and individuals with tact, diplomacy, decorum and sophistication.
• Demonstrate strong project management skills, with an ability to lead multiple projects and to plan, prioritize, and make decisions autonomously.
• Possess knowledge of and experience utilizing video conferencing and social media tools. Knowledge of and experience with MS Office and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Canvas and others) is expected.
• Be available to attend early morning and evening events.
• Have daily access to a car; possess a safe driving record and automobile insurance. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and transport supplies to meetings.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org