The Americas Director will be a member of several client teams and generally function as the engagement manager for one or more client engagements. The Director will ensure their client teams are organized to effectively serve those clients. As a Director, they will capably take the lead in communications with client POCs and other external stakeholders and strive to leverage the expertise and networks of senior staff to meet clients’ needs. With guidance from senior colleagues, the Director will drive and/or monitor the production and quality of ASG deliverables (e.g., country reports, stakeholder maps, market analyses, proposals).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in managing ASG team members within client teams to produce agreed upon products. Provides clear expectations and timelines to teammates working on the ASG deliverables.
- Supports less experienced team members' professional development and works to identify additional development opportunities.
- Supports the practice with managing many aspects of the client relationships, both internally and externally.
Client Service and Expertise
- Serves as a member of (and may lead, as assigned) several client teams, focused on overall strategy, driver day to day internal coordination.
- Acts as the driving force on client related tasks and deliverables, both within their own practice and across practices and relay back to ASG any client concerns.
- Coordinates with external stakeholders to generate client deliverables.
- Ensures that all firm resources are coordinated and brought to bear as needed, and in a timely manner, reporting concerns to senior staff.
- Begins to identify ways to enhance client profitability.
- Focus is placed on the continued development of geopolitical, regional, and/or sectorial/industry expertise (e.g. China, India, Europe and/or marketing, communications, finance). One or more areas of expertise enable the leading and shaping of work on behalf of clients or the firm
- Works as a part of the team to identify and engage potential clients and monitors current client activity for potential expansion opportunities.
- Utilizes Sales Force to begin to cultivate leads and business development opportunities for the team.
- Continues to develop personal network of relationships to cultivate potential clients and creatively build new business, and to foster broad ASG networks through interaction with associations, think tanks and policy shops.
ASG Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Focuses on impeccable client service and value creation. Works to become a trusted partner to colleagues and clients, continuously focused on developing substantive expertise to meet client interests and needs.
- Oral/Written Communications: Can effectively draft all or portions of written client product with clear direction. Can support the Senior Director or client lead to coordinate various work inputs and weave into an end product that will exceed the client’s expectation as to ASG’s impact on the client and value delivered. Communicates well with other members of the ASG team. Effective communicator with the ASG network and/or local offices, with strong emphasis placed on the ability to speak and write in a local language.
- Personal Characteristics: Entrepreneurial and focused on value creation. Energetic, forward-thinking, “can-do” and creative individual with the highest ethical standards and an appropriate professional presentation.
- Teamwork: Interacts effectively with colleagues at all levels and across firm. Manages ASG team members to work together to produce agreed upon deliverables. Works to create a positive work environment.
- Firm Contribution: Contributes to the development, administration and culture of the firm. Takes an active role in institution building.
- Minimum of five to eight years of relevant prior work experience
- BA in political science, international relations or business, or related field, or equivalent experience, with MA in related field preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Speaking, reading and writing fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is strongly preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org