The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the world through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society.
The Policy & Program Learning unit (PPL) plays a key role within CIPE’s thought leadership and strategic policy options. PPL team conducts applied research and leverages program experience to facilitate exchange of good practices and reform opportunities among CIPE’s partners and international network.
Position: Associate Program Officer, Outreach, Policy and Program Learning
Reports To: Program Officer, Policy and Program Learning
Scope: This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington D.C.
PPL is looking to fill the position of the Associate Program Officer who will be responsible for implementing internal and external outreach efforts for applied research and knowledge management, coordinate activities of the Free Enterprise & Democracy Network (FEDN),and provide programmatic and administrative support to the Policy and Program Learning department. The Associate Program Officer will play a vital role in content development and messaging, event planning and execution, stakeholder engagement and correspondence, invoice processing and vendor maintenance, and distribution of PPL materials. Candidates should have a generic understanding of market economies and democracy as well as be enthusiastic about the role the private sector plays in economic development and democratic governance.
- Prepare and edit outreach products such as handouts, blogs, issue briefs, slide presentations and short video/audio recordings, to communicate findings, lessons, and news from the PPL team to international program partners, CIPE staff, democracy and development organizations, and donors.
- As part of the FEDN secretariat, maintain membership data, coordinate member relations and network activities, and manage small grants
- Curate and format content for PPL and FEDN newsletters, the FEDN website, and PPL contributions to the CIPE website
- Support event planning activities of the PPL team and FEDN including seminars, webinars, workshops, and an annual conference
- Establish a social media presence for FEDN and post updates on regular bases
- Coordinate with the CIPE Communications division to adhere to CIPE quality standards and promote PPL and FEDN content
- Manage communications-related contractors and vendors, such as designers, printers, videographers, and translators
- Handle project administration, including procurement, payment processing, proposals, and reports
- Adhere to appropriate CIPE, NED, and other donor policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required; graduate level study is preferred
- Education in communications, social sciences, international affairs, public policy, business administration or a field relevant to CIPE mission and job function
- A minimum of three years of administrative or programmatic experience is required to be considered for the Associate Program Officer position
- Strong understanding of standard procedures related to invoicing, contracts, and basic procurement processes
- Excellent English writing, research and copy-editing skills required
- Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Solid experience with stakeholder engagement/community engagement
- Strong event facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience crafting social media messaging
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage multiple time-sensitive, detail-oriented tasks with limited supervision
- Proficiency in a wide range of content management systems and platforms necessary for communications output, including WordPress, Mailchimp, and Adobe Suite
- Basic knowledge of graphics design concepts related to content and material development. This includes exposure to InDesign, Canva, or similar software
- Strong skills in digital meeting platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Ring Central
- Strong skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Experience with video and audio production, such as Final Cut Pro, a plus
- Knowledge of economic development and democratic governance preferred
- Overseas school and/or work experience, foreign language, a plus
Benefits and Perks
Competitive Benefits including medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, flexible spending, paid family leave, life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, telework, and more! Employee events including Company Picnic, Health & Wellness Fair, Holiday Party and lots of fun in between!
Applications will be accepted and interviews conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.