Program Manager/Senior Evaluator Consultant, DOS DRL Evaluation of Iraq Portfolio Activities, Remote/Iraq
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is putting together a proposal to conduct case studies for eight implementing partners (IPs) of DRL programming in Iraq and will include an overarching portfolio wide analysis. The IPs have operated a total of about 50 projects from 2004-2021, with a focus on human rights and marginalized population issues in Iraq. The evaluation will produce reports on each of the Ips as well as a portfolio-wide evaluation grounded in the case study findings. Data collection will likely take place remotely.
The period of performance (POP) is 24 months, and the anticipated level of effort should be no more than 233 person days over the POP. The evaluation is expected to begin fall 2021.
SI is seeking a Senior Evaluator Consultant to lead the technical aspects of the evaluation and oversee the evaluation team members.
· Serve as the team leader for the evaluation, manage the overall evaluation effort, to ensure that all deliverables are provided in a timely manner and are of sound quality.
· Prepare the evaluation design, proposed methodology, and data collection instruments.
· Oversee the work of the mid-level evaluators, including desk review; data collection, such as key informant interviews; and, data analysis.
· If needed, accompany the mid-term evaluators with data collection.
· Prepare and manage the drafting of interim and final reports / deliverables; and prepare briefings to be provided to DRL and partners.
· Minimum of a Master’s degree.
· Must be comfortable working in close coordination with DRL, implementing partners, government officials and other donors, and project participants and beneficiaries.
· Must possess exceptional organizational and communication skills.
· Minimum of 15 years of designing and implementing evaluation research, including experience leading an evaluation team.
· Demonstrated ability of evaluating foreign assistance programs addressing human rights issues.
· Strong preference on experience conducting evaluations in restrictive settings and with marginalized populations.
· Fluency in English is required; fluency in Arabic or proficiency/fluency in Kurdish preferred.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org