Amideast is the leading American non-governmental organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Founded in 1951, Amideast focuses on promoting U.S. education study to students located in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
The Senior Program Assistant is a key member of the 20-person department charged with managing the Fulbright Foreign Program for the Middle East and North Africa. The incumbent will work in tandem with the assigned Program Manager to support visiting junior faculty at U.S. host institutions. The Senior Program Assistant will assume responsibilities that pertain to and require the assistance of the Fulbright department as a whole and must therefore be organized, diplomatic and team focused.
- Review grantee applications for completeness.
- Field inquiries from potential host institutions and interested candidates.
- Correspond with scholars, Amideast field staff, U.S. host institutions, and other partners.
- Assist in coordinating review panels.
- Assist in oversight of grant implementation for scholars and host institutions.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of program implementation, grantee satisfaction, and compliance.
- Co-lead one-day arrival orientation sessions for scholars at host institutions.
- Accurately maintain scholar files and databases.
- Arrange and track scholar travel logistics.
- Process scholar payment requests.
- Enroll scholars in health insurance coverage and assist with questions concerning medical coverage.
- Assist in developing informational materials for and coordinating virtual or in-person pre-departure orientation and re-entry workshop for scholars.
- Support the Program Manager with the host institution selection review process.
- Collect ITIN application information from scholars.
- Assist Program Manager in program reporting requirements and financial audits of host institution sub-agreements.
- Assist creating and in revising program informational documents including the grantee handbook, reference guide, and scholar bios.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3 years relevant experience in an office environment.
- Precise attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and contact management database software.
- Interest in the Middle East & North Africa and/or International Education desired.
- Experience working with students is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org