The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work arrangements and our organizational culture is highly rated by staff. This is currently a remote role and will offer telework options when we return to the office. Our new office is located two blocks from the metro and has a free gym onsite for all employees.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past several years and are excited to post this position.
Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Trust.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage professionals of diverse backgrounds to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits plan.
FLSA Status - Non-exempt
Under the guidance and supervision of the Associate Director of Advocacy, and in collaboration with the Public Policy and Government Relations team (PPGR), the Advocacy Coordinator will execute advocacy strategies in support of the Society’s strategic priorities, support coalition management and support the global health policy portfolio.
- Develop and execute strategies (in collaboration with other PPGR team members) to strengthen and increase the quantity, quality and impact of IDSA member engagement in advocacy on priority issues (antibiotic resistance, workforce, public health, research, global health), including:
- Prepare action alerts to urge IDSA members to contact federal lawmakers and officials and develop and execute marketing plan to maximize response rates
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of advocacy bulletin to update and inform IDSA members on advocacy and policy efforts and opportunities
- Lead planning and coordination of meetings for IDSA volunteers with federal policymakers, help identify targets, secure volunteer participation, and prepare volunteers to discuss IDSA policy priorities
- Lead planning and coordination of federal policymaker visits to IDSA member institutions
- Develop and update materials - talking points, fact sheets, advocacy tips, webinars and other documents - to educate and train IDSA volunteers about IDSA’s policy agenda and prepare to engage in advocacy
- Maintain IDSA member grassroots database and assist in strengthening engagement and participation of IDSA/HIVMA Advocacy Liaisons to advance policy priorities
- Track and report on IDSA grassroots advocacy activities and evaluate the impact of techniques to increase member engagement in advocacy by identifying and implementing best practices
- Assist with coalition engagement to advance IDSA policy priorities, including:
- Support Stakeholder Forum on Antimicrobial Resistance activities and the outreach to SFAR members
- Coordinate member meetings with Congressional offices and federal agencies, engagement on joint letters, Hill briefings, webinars and assist with IDSA engagement in coalition advocacy activities, and coalition Hill days
Global Health Policy
- Assist with staffing IDSA Global Health Committee, including:
- Help plan and execute Committee meetings, develop agendas, briefing materials and meeting minutes
- Work with others to strengthen Committee member engagement on advocacy priorities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Political Science, International Affairs, Communications, or related field
- One - two years of relevant work experience, including Capitol Hill experience or demonstrated knowledge of Capitol Hill, political campaigns and legislative process
- Knowledge of healthcare industry, public health and infectious diseases
- Progressive knowledge of effective advocacy techniques, trends and tools
- Project management, organization, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills, with the ability to problem-solve
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Positive teamwork skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to be nimble
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Prior use with Salesforce, Quorum, and social media platforms for advocacy are strongly preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org