We are seeking a R&D Cybersecurity professional to support sanctions enforcement initiatives to limit and prevent the development of illicit cyber capabilities in selected countries. You will perform work within a technical engineering and science environment working in conjunction with Sandia staff on interdisciplinary projects that involve applying integrated technical discernment, utilizing the scientific method to recognize and formulate problems, to collect data through observation and experimentation, and to formulate and test hypotheses about the uses and deployment of advanced technologies in support of US nonproliferation and nuclear safeguards and security goals.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
You should have experience understanding sanctions enforcement, proliferation finance and UN Security Council Resolutions as they pertain to illicit cyber activity and WMD issues internationally. You will gain experience with cryptography, hashtag algorithms, configuring virtual machines, and developing code for unique applications. You will need strong teaming skills and a high level of cultural awareness.
Frequent international travel will be required.
Qualifications We Require
Qualifications We Desire
About Our Team
We build global capacity to prevent, counter, and reduce nuclear threats to US national security by addressing all proliferation phases from motivation and development to achievement and retirement. We focus on threat and gap analysis, cooperative approaches and international engagement for regionally derived dispute mitigation, education and capacity building, and operational improvements in sanctions implementation. We also assist international partners with emerging nuclear power programs by establishing insider threat mitigation programs through evaluation and development of risk-based trustworthiness programs and by promoting robust nuclear security environment in foreign nuclear facilities.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org