BRAC is a global leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programs to assist the most marginalized people in extremely poor, conflict-prone, and post-disaster settings. These include initiatives in education, healthcare, microfinance, women and girls’ empowerment, agriculture, human and legal rights, and more. Headquartered in Bangladesh and working across 11 countries in South Asia and Africa, BRAC touches the lives of more than 100 million people worldwide.
Based in New York, BRAC USA is the North American affiliate of BRAC. BRAC USA provides comprehensive support to BRAC around the world by raising awareness about its work and mobilizing resources to underpin programs. BRAC USA works closely with international counterparts to design and implement cost-effective and evidence-based poverty innovations. It is an independent 501(c)(3) organization.
About the Position
The Manager of External Affairs will work as an integral part of a small but highly effective team in support of the growth of BRAC USA and its efforts to advance BRAC’s poverty alleviation programs. The Manager of External Affairs will report to the Director of External Affairs.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Support the Director of External Affairs by planning and executing activities to achieve BRAC's individual fundraising strategy and managing select prospect, donor, and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage select relationships with prospects and donors to maintain and strengthen their engagement in support of BRAC USA.
- Identify and build on the pipeline of new and prospective individual donors, family foundations, and corporate supporters by creating and implementing new strategies, including conducting in-depth research on prospects.
- Draft correspondence for high priority prospects, stewarding their support and soliciting new and higher-level gifts.
- Design and analyze reports from customer relationship management (CRM) platform that inform fundraising strategy, engagement events, travel, and donor meetings.
- Coordinate the engagement plans for the integral year end fundraising season, drafting solicitations and stewardship notes, and working closely across various internal teams.
- Support the strategy to engage the Bangladeshi community in North America.
Manage donor cultivation and stewardship through writing donor materials and coordinating events and external outreach.
- Coordinate meetings and logistics around BRAC USA’s activities celebrating the organization’s 50th anniversary and other related milestones.
- Collaborate with the Director, External Affairs to support donor cultivation and stewardship trips and events, including dinners, receptions, relevant speaking engagements, and travel to BRAC’s operational countries. Manage event and travel logistics including scheduling, list management, invitation preparation and delivery, materials development, event briefing documents, debriefings, and oversight of next actions.
- Draft and maintain donor reports and concept notes, letters of intent, grant letters, and proposals for select relationships.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with program staff and others to develop targeted appeals and proposals to potential funders. Collaborate with Communications to create materials and reports that keep donors engaged in events, programs, or projects they have helped fund.
- Manage communications for external-facing email accounts.
Facilitate excellent coordination and communication internally.
- Coordinate effectively within the External Affairs team and with Senior Leadership to advance fundraising initiatives.
- Draft reports on fundraising progress for the BRAC USA and BRAC Global Boards.
- Work strategically with the Communications team to develop appropriate messaging and outreach for various contexts.
- Collaborate closely with the Finance & Administration team to improve gift processing and reporting.
- As needed/requested, travel domestically for business development purposes. This role may also include occasional international travel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum four years of experience mobilizing donations for complex organizations and coordinating fundraising and donor engagement events.
- Experience working directly with senior leadership and partners, such as corporate and family foundations.
- Experience with CRM platforms and research databases, Salesforce preferred.
- Experience working in resource-poor contexts and coordinating across time zones is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of fundraising for complex organizations and coordinating fundraising and donor engagement events.
- Proactive team player with strong desire to contribute and ability to be flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail; ability to analyze, synthesize, and clearly present information.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Diplomatic and highly effective on an interpersonal level in addition to cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding.
BRAC USA offers a competitive benefits package including base salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, FSA, life insurance, 401k, annual professional development stipend, and generous paid time off. Note that some benefits are subject to a waiting period and more information can be provided to shortlisted applicants, upon request.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org