In order to be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
a. Be a recent graduate* or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school
programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
b. Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of
interest to the work of the Organization.
An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of
UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce,
is not eligible for an internship.
- Recent graduates are to be considered those persons who completed their studies within one year of
applying for an internship with UNHCR.
Duties and Qualifications
- Contribute to the creation of a network of community-based social media influencers who support UNHCR advocacy in France
- Social media monitoring and mapping of influent CB social media influencers
- Identify themes which interest refugee media influencers (access to education, protection of refugee women and girl, integration through sports, etc.)
- Provide trainings, briefing and create opportunities for refugee media influencers
Support refugee spokespersons in the elaboration and display of awareness-raising digital campaigns
- Increase UNHCR¿s capacity to share reliable and translated information to support refugees across France
- Help to a better understanding of digital communication channels mostly used by refugees and diasporas (messaging apps and social media)
- Mobilize refugee social media influencers for a better share and translation of good information to refugees and asylum seekers in France
- Develop partnerships with external stakeholders and coordinate the network
- Promote the participation of refugees in the decisions that shape their lives
- Help refugee influencers and speakers to empower themselves through social media
- Reflect on fostering refugee mobility across France and access to employment thanks to the social media influencer¿s role
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
- A Degree in Political Science, Social Science, Law, International Relations, Communication, or related field
- Knowledge of (an)other language(s) spoken by refugees¿ communities in France is a strong asset
- Skills in social media and digital communication
- Intercultural communication skills
- Ability to work in team
- A previous experience in the field of refugees and asylum seekers¿ protection in France as well as a knowledge of refugees¿ use of social media would be appreciated
Required proficiency level in French and in English is B2 minimum.
The B2 level is defined as follows in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages :
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org