Arizona State University is seeking an In-Country Director for the new USAID-funded Egypt Center of Excellence for Energy (COE/E) project. The overall goal the COE/E project is the substantial improvement of the capacity of Egypt’s higher education institutions to drive private sector innovation, modernization and competitiveness; strengthen government policy to stimulate economic growth; and design solutions to Egypt’s development challenges.
Under the direction of the Project Director at ASU, the ICD will supervise the project staff based in Egypt, work with the partner universities in Egypt, and guide all aspects project activities, including operations, M&E, marketing, finance, and related operation management in accordance with the ASU work plan and overall project objectives. The ICD will also interface with USAID, and the COE/E stakeholders and partners.
With minimal administrative oversight, essential responsibilities will include and not be limited to the following:
· Submit weekly status reports to COE/E Program Manager to report activities.
· Provide support to other staff, which may include carrying out tasks outside of scope of work, when needed, to support project implementation.
· Demonstrated skill in developing and communicating a common vision among diverse partners, developing stakeholder networks, and establishing pathways for successful communication and coordination across stakeholder organizations.
· Demonstrated skills in performance monitoring, the planning and implementation of gap assessments for continuous learning and performance improvement, and outreach to further enhance project impact.
· Demonstrated leadership in the administration of international donor technical assistance projects with skills in strategic planning, business development, management, supervision, budgeting, and delivery of presentations.
· Evidence of strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
· Project management experience in managing multilateral institutional projects funded by NGOs, industry, or government agencies.
· Knowledge of the USAID, World Bank and/or other international agencies.
· Experience in traveling to and working on international projects, e.g., Africa, Middle East.
· Experience in prioritizing and handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
· Evidence of superior analytical, communications, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to clarify roles and responsibilities to ensure understanding of expectations; taking action to mitigate conflict.
This position will travel frequently to Egyptian partner universities on a daily basis during the project period. Interaction with administrators, faculty, and students working at ASU and at Egyptian universities. Interaction with Egypt and international Energy stakeholders. Travel to various locations within and outside Egypt, and visits to the USA are required. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals. Requires moderate driving using personal vehicle to perform work.
The ICD will report to the COE/E Project Director, at ASU, on all programmatic aspects of his/her employment, including but not limited, to job description, duties, qualifications, working environment, and performance.
· Master’s degree in International Development Education, Education Leadership and Policy, Public Administration, Energy, or another relevant business or technical areas.
· A minimum of ten (10) years or professional experience in the successful implementation of higher education and/or human and institutional capacity development programs.
· A minimum of five (5) years of international experience leading capacity development programs that involved collaborative design and implementation across multiple institutions.
Language Proficiency: Level IV English and Arabic required.
· Ph.D. degree or MBA in International Development Education, Energy, Education Leadership and Policy, Public Administration or another relevant area.
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org