The Program Coordinator position is designated to lead Ipas Nepal’s work on climate change, gender and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in close coordination with all levels of the government, local implementing partners, and stakeholders. The position requires extensive field visit (50%) in the project areas.
The Program Coordinator will directly report to the Deputy Country Director and work closely with Ipas Nepal’s Field Operations and Research Team.
Key roles and responsibilities are:
- Lead Ipas Nepal’s initiatives on climate change, gender and SRHR related activities;
- Program planning and implementation in close coordination with the Local Partners including research;
- Provide technical support to the local government to develop the local level climate change adaptation plans inclusive of gender and SRHR issues and its implementation;
- Provide technical support to the stakeholders that includes local government, health institutions, civil society organizations (FECOFUN and community forest user group (CFUG)) for quality program interventions, collaboration, and ownership;
- Coordinate with stakeholders at different level as and when required;
- Capacity building of partners, CSOs and community people; and
- Support in documenting the project learnings and development of new project/s.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Environment and Natural Resource Management or Social Science with minimum of 4years of experience in climate change, gender mainstreaming and sexual and reproductive health programs;
- Strong knowledge on climate change, women’s right, gender justice and SRHR program. Preference will be given to candidates with prior work experiences;
- Knowledge and skills on providing technical assistance to the Local and Provincial governments, civil society organizations and communities;
- Knowledge on government system (health, climate change, gender, disaster, etc.), local level planning process and quality improvement process;
- Track record of sound coordination and communication skills, and a good team player;
- Committed to safe working environment where every team member is treated equally and respectfully with no history of committing violence including sexual harassment in the workplace;
- Good Computer Skill on Microsoft Office;
- Good interpersonal skills including report writing and presentation skills;
- Willing to travel in the field and in remote areas approximately 50% time in the field using public transportation;
- Preferences will be given to those who have two-wheel driving license;
- Residence of program Province or familiar with the local context will be given preference;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org