English Language Programs, funded by the U.S. Department of State, places experienced U.S. TESOL professionals at educational institutions on short- and long-term assignments in all regions of the world, conducted both in-country and virtually. Participants in the Fellow, Specialist, and Virtual Educator Programs promote English language learning and mutual understanding through cultural exchange. The Center for Intercultural Education and Development (CIED) at Georgetown University is the current administrator of English Language Programs
The Marketing and Outreach Manager is a key member of the Marketing and Outreach team for English Language Programs (ELP). The primary objectives of the Marketing and Outreach team are recruiting new applicants to the program, building ties with partner institutions and leaders in the TESOL field, involving current participants in Marketing and Outreach projects, providing engagement and professional development opportunities for alumni, and enhancing program visibility. These objectives are met using a variety of in-person and digital means, including regional and national conferences, special events, social media, the program website, an online participant community of practice, recruitment webinars, newsletters, and more.
The primary responsibility of the Marketing and Outreach Manager is to develop strategy for and to oversee the implementation of all aspects of the Marketing and Outreach program for ELP. The focus is on building ELP’s reputation as the leading exchange program for TESOL professionals to ensure that highly qualified candidates apply to every year and on increasing engagement with program alumni and with TESOL leaders and institutions. The Manager will supervise a team of coordinators who are charged with planning and implementing the unit’s work.
At present, English Language Programs staff are hybrid employees. They primarily telework, with up to two days/week in the office. They must live in Washington, DC; Virginia; or Maryland.
Requirements and Qualifications
• MA in TESOL or related field and/or BA or MA in Marketing/Communications or related field
• Demonstrated experience in marketing/communications
• Demonstrated experience with program management and strategic planning
• Demonstrated professional experience with online social media platforms and/or database/client management systems and/or online teaching/training
• Demonstrated experience managing staff
• Demonstrated skills in writing and editing for multiple media
• Exceptional copy-editing skills
• Exemplary collaborative capacity
• Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Ability to independently establish objectives, plan, direct, and evaluate all aspects of work projects
• Ability to understand, synthesize, and conceptualize input and requests from multiple stakeholders
• Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communications skills with ability to interact and communicate in a positive manner with a diverse clientele, including universities, membership organizations, program candidates and government employees
• Demonstrated effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
• Ability to travel both in the United States and internationally, as needed
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google software applications
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org