As a member of the International Department of NCBA-CLUSA, the Monitoring and Evaluation Data Analyst will support projects and Headquarters in collection, management, and visualization of data for performance indicators. The incumbent will develop and update monitoring and evaluation plans, and standard operating procedures. This position assists teams in learning activities and participates in thought leadership. This position will also contribute significant level of efforts in business development activities.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Performance Indicators Monitoring (60%)
- Provides overall support to monitor performance indicators of NCBA CLUSA projects. This includes developing M&E plan, identifying and updating indicators per donor requirements, developing data collection forms, and helping project teams in preparing semi-annual and annual reports.
- Assists project teams in developing performance indicators database utilizing BI, Microsoft Access, and Tableau.
- Suggests management about the most effective and cost-efficient alternatives to data management, visual analytics, and reporting mechanisms.
- Develops and updates standards for database management and analytics and train field M&E staff.
- Manages global indicators database and dashboard.
- Analyzes data using spreadsheets and other programs and prepares clear and concise presentations, including thoughtful summaries and recommendations for next steps.
.Operational Assistance (20%)
- Assists in writing TOR for project baseline, mid-term, and final evaluation and other special studies.
- Reviews consultant proposals and provides feedback.
- Assists in designing, developing, and conducting special studies.
- Contributes to thought leadership by keeping track of current trend in M&E concepts, methods, tools and technologies and makes presentations internally as well as externally.
Business Development (20%)
- Assists in drafting Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning section on business development proposals.
- Reviews proposal requirements and assists BD team in proposal process.
- Assists in identifying correct indicators that will correspond to the proposed result-framework.
- Writes job description for the M&E candidates for the proposal based on the solicitation requirements.
- Participates in recruitment and selection of MEL candidates.
- Attends business development meetings.
- Helps field M&E officers in drafting and finalizing standard operating procedures for data collection and management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum five years of monitoring, evaluation, and research experience with bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred).
- Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Excel and database platform like Tableau.
- Knowledge of SPSS, SAS, (preferred)
- Strong understanding of relational database fundamentals
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Skills to identify resources and solutions to solve complex problems
- Experience designing, developing, managing, and sharing dashboard.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability and willingness to travel to developing countries on needed basis.
- Fluency in English is required, a second language (French, Spanish) preferred.
- Willingness to relocate to DC metro area.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org