Talent Beyond Boundaries (TBB) envisions a world where forcibly displaced people can use their skills and talents to move to secure futures. We work with governments, employers and partners to overcome the barriers that often prevent refugees from accessing skilled migration pathways. TBB seeks to be a catalyst for systems change in skilled migration, laying the groundwork for this solution to scale to serve millions of displaced people.
SCORE OF ROLE
This role is responsible for fundraising, marketing, and communications activities to support Talent Beyond Boundaries' mission in Canada. This includes leading TBB’s participation in the Government’s Economic Mobility Pathways Project (EMPP), designed to welcome 2000 refugees and their families through economic immigration programs over the next two years. We are seeking a dynamic, proactive and creative person with a broad skill set, who will thrive as part of a fast-moving, collaborative and global team. Note: some out-of-hours work may be required to accommodate multiple timezones.
- Work closely with the Canada Director, country team, and Canada Board, particularly the Fundraising Committee, to develop a multi-year fundraising and communications strategy for TBB Canada;
- Manage donor relations - steward existing relationships effectively while cultivating new mid-level and high-value prospects and ensuring detailed donor records;
- Map institutional funding opportunities and team-lead the proposal development process for strategic prospects;
- Coordinate a communications and events calendar, ensuring regular updates to donors and supporters via the TBB website, email, social media, and face-to-face events;
- Develop, write, and design program collateral, including brochures, case studies, newsletters, presentations, and other marketing materials;
- Assist with media relations (with support from Global Communications Director). This could include responding to journalists, crafting key messages, and helping TBB staff and candidates prepare for media interviews.
- Manage the volunteer program, working closely with the country team to connect individual and corporate volunteers with appropriate opportunities;
- Promote TBB's mission and work, representing the organization to a wide range of external stakeholders, and demonstrating consistent alignment with our global vision, brand, and strategic objectives.
- 3+ years of experience in fundraising, preferably for a nonprofit
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively in order to deliver best outcomes
- Strong digital literacy and willingness to use/learn a range of digital tools (Slack,
- Google Suite, Trello, Raisely, Salesforce, Squarespace, Canva, etc)
- An innovative self-starter with a willingness to learn and a tolerance for ambiguity,
- rapid change, and multiple time zones.
- Lived experience as a refugee or displaced person
- Experience working in a fast-growing, startup-style organisation
- Photography/videography and/or video editing skills
- Graphic design skills
- Existing donor networks
To apply send your CV and a cover letter addressing the job description.
Please add “Canada Fundraising Officer” to the subject line of your email.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org