The Sr. Philanthropy Officer – Asia is a key member of the fundraising team and will develop, oversee, and execute fundraising strategies specifically on major donors with a regional connection to Asia. With active projects and offices throughout Asia, Landesa is well positioned to work with Asian diaspora, or directly with donors in Asia, to support local and regional projects. The Senior Philanthropy Officer – Asia will manage a portfolio of individual prospects, cultivate and solicit contributions in support of Landesa’s mission, and identify and oversee strategies to proactively attract new donors.
Over the course of its almost 50-year history, Landesa has helped secure land rights, and the opportunity and security they provide, for more than 180 million families around the world. A recent winner of the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian award, as well as a former Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship and Kravis Prize awardee, Landesa seeks to empower millions of women and men with a powerful tool they can use to improve their lives: land rights. The Sr. Philanthropy Officer – Asia will help to secure resources that will allow Landesa to expand our impact and change the lives of millions more.
Reporting and relationships: The Sr. Philanthropy Officer – Asia reports to the Chief Development Officer
Availability: The Sr. Philanthropy Officer – Asia will be expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours and may be required to work in the evenings and on weekends occasionally. The position will require travel of up to 30 days/year domestically and internationally. Currently all staff are WFH. Post pandemic, we are anticipating a hybrid approach. Days in the office would be based on need and negotiated with your supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Is responsible for achieving an annual revenue goal, with support from other key staff in the organization.
- Develops and executes plans for expanding the base of individual donors to the organization. leveraging our senior leadership team, with an emphasis on Asian Philanthropy.
- Maintains a portfolio of major donors and regularly identifies opportunities to cultivate, steward, and solicit these donors through regular, ongoing contact, in-person meetings, and Landesa events.
- Actively identifies new prospects in multiple markets, including China, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, and throughout the United States.
- Collaborates with Landesa CEO, Board Members, and senior staff to engage them in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donor prospects.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of Landesa’s various projects and initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Senior Philanthropy Officer – Individuals, Chief Development Officer, Landesa executive team, and Board, develops comprehensive event strategy, including successful annual fundraising galas, while focusing on growing event revenue.
- Contributes to and helps execute an annual giving strategy, particularly as a pipeline to major gifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A deep commitment to a mission focused on providing opportunity and promoting social justice for the world’s poorest women and men.
- Extensive familiarity with Asian philanthropic landscapes and trends.
- A high degree of cultural competence, particularly with Asian cultures.
- Demonstrated fundraising success, including portfolio solicitation and expanding a donor base.
- Experience developing a major donor portfolio and creating engagement pathways as part of portfolio management, designing and implementing pipeline development strategies and tactics, and managing donor events of various sizes and scope.
- Exceptional speaking and writing skills and an interest in learning about and communicating the details of Landesa’s work.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, especially in cross-cultural environments; ability to thrive as a team member.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (365) of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software.
- Experience using Salesforce or other customer relationship management system/database.
- Commitment to Landesa Core Values of Adaptive, Bold, and Collaborative.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum of five years working within the fundraising function of non-profit organization; experience with major donors required.
- Experience working with an international organization preferred.
Additional Comments: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org