The Social Media Director crafts and leads storytelling and engagement on Catalyst social channels. Reporting to the VP, Content Strategy and Digital Communications, the Social Media Director works with cross-functional teams to develop and execute a social media strategy that amplifies Catalyst’s thought leadership, builds our community engagement, enhances our brand, and drives follower acquisition and conversions.
The Social Media Director develops content customized for our audience segments and balances social listening, marketing, community engagement, thought leadership, and creative storytelling to grow the size, scale, and influence of Catalyst’s audience and community.
The position is fully remote within the US, although there is an office available in NYC. There is a preference for someone who works East Coast hours.
- Own the strategy and management of the organization’s global social media presence across all social channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Owns creation of Catalyst’s day-to-day content as well as weekly and monthly social media content calendars. That includes drafting the copy and generating ideas for and shepherding the creation of eye-catching visual content, such as graphics and videos.
- Create multi-channel social campaigns, strategies and storytelling tactics that grow audiences and engagement and support Catalyst events, initiatives, programs, and thought leadership
- Analyze and report on performance and share insights with members of Catalyst communications team and key stakeholders
- Manage and monitor ongoing social conversations and discover and promote community members with powerful and inspiring stories
- Stay up to date on new, evolving social media trends (including new features, technology and algorithmic changes) and use those insights to more effectively reach and grow our audiences.
- Monitor influencers, allied organizations, and relevant news, with an eye towards surfacing what we might want to amplify or respond to.
- Serve as the social media expert at Catalyst, coaching internal stakeholders on social media strategies and content
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field, or equivalent
- Five years’ hands on experience with content and social media management and resource management
- Superior writing skills and organizational skills
- A drive to innovate and create– with proven success in running accounts and campaigns
- Excellent judgment
- Interest in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Basic graphic design competency in Canva.
Nice to Have
- Skills in Adobe Illustrator, iMovie and InDesign a major plus.
- Knowledge of Asana and Wordpress is nice to have.
Your interests and needs evolve over your lifetime. Likewise, we evaluate our benefits regularly and adapt them to the requirements of our changing population. You are valuable to us, and our benefits demonstrate that. Our benefits packages exist to make sure that you are taken care of. Your family matters to you, so they’re important to us. We have a number of benefit programs to support you and your loved ones through life’s various stages and challenges:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Domestic Partner Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan
- Pre-Tax Commuter Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Supplemental Insurances
- Back-up Childcare
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org