We are looking for an Internal Communications Coordinator to join us as a member of our global team and become part of the world’s largest social enterprise and innovation network. This position is open to applicants based in a location with an Impact Hub ideally with a maximum of 4 hours time difference with GMT (this is desired rather than essential).
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 24,000 members around the world, and a combined global team of over 1000 Makers (staff members), we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects, and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. We invite you to join us!
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as Internal Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Network Development Director, and working closely with the Brand & Communications Team, the successful candidate will enhance our global network experience. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join our global mission and help us engage our Impact Hub Makers (staff) in various global initiatives and ensure their experience with our network is valuable, easy to navigate, and exquisitely delivered.
Internal (network) communications
- Deliver a comprehensive and sustainable internal communications, channel, and engagement strategy around the Maker experience in support of the Network Development team and overall Impact Hub Global Team based on their insight and feedback; focusing on critical objectives per channel, plus messaging (this includes measurement of all channels and monthly reporting).
- Help shape the Makers’ experience, identifying the communication touchpoints and their specific roles. Brief key global team roles on how to manage key communication touchpoints they are responsible for and offer ongoing support.
- Create, curate, edit and manage key internal communication platforms with a focus on Maker satisfaction, plus internal communications such as newsletters, reports releases, surveys, announcements, etc.) and internal campaigns, including the creation of communication packages, mailings, and other materials.
- Manage the internal communications content calendar and campaigns.
- Coordinate any freelance support where needed on internal communications.
- Check on success metrics for network engagement, monitor these on a continuous basis, propose upgrades and execute their delivery.
- Provide ad-hoc copy-editing and proof-reading support to global team members for network focused communication.
Board Communications support
- Design and delivery of the monthly newsletter to the Impact Hub Association Board based on provided content, as well as ad-hoc communications throughout the year
- Assist the Impact Hub Board with the communication and preparation of the materials for the (Extraordinary) General Assemblies twice a year
- Create and drive internal engagement campaigns within the Impact Hub network focused on engaging Makers in specific activities and programs that strengthen the organizational culture, bring the Impact Hub values to life and help achieve our organizational goals (i.e. annual Members and Makers survey, global gathering, regional gatherings promotion, etc.) in coordination with the Brand & Communications and Network Development teams
- Curate the Impact Hub internal online knowledge space to guarantee quality and consistency.
- Act as Feature manager suggesting improvements to increase engagement of Makers on our internal Knowledge sharing platform (Knowledge Space)
Team engagement and general administration
- Attend regular global team meetings (physical meetings, bi-weekly virtual meetings) and participate in relevant strategy workshops or network gatherings when requested
- Actively engage and collaborate with the Impact Hub network stakeholders.
Are we a match?
- You are able to curate and produce engaging communications materials in at least one of these various formats – written materials, visuals, video, etc. Experience with Adobe Suite/Canva/Figma, a plus, but not required
- You are able to understand audience communication styles quickly and adapt your messaging and approach to their needs.
- You have excellent user skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have ideally worked with WordPress and newsletter software like Mailchimp before.
- You are a good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills (fluent in English, further languages a plus).
- You are a team worker and able to build relationships across a diverse global network, acting as the spider in the web when it comes to information flow, staying on top of various communications channels, and connecting relevant stakeholders.
- You are comfortable interacting with several stakeholders and able to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary and distributed teams across all levels of the organization
- You are open-minded, self-reliant, and excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, international environment.
- You have a big heart for building a community and employer brand with lots of engagement, and enthusiasm.
- You are able to demonstrate key components of the Impact Hub approach: global mindset, entrepreneurship, collaboration, innovation, and exceptional execution ability.
- You are passionate about relevant topics, developments, and conversations in social enterprise and innovation.
- Title: Network Communications Coordinator
- Legal Form: Independent Contractor if outside of Austria or Germany, employment, if based in Austria or Germany, if in Europe, VAT registration required.
- Reporting to: Network Development Director
- Engagement: Full-time (1 FTE) with a flexible working schedule.
- Contract length: One-year fixed term contract with a strong intention of extension into a rolling agreement, based on performance; 3 months probationary period.
- Team engagement: Member of the Global Network Development Team dispersed across the globe but the majority of the global team is based in European timezones; Direct coordination with Impact Hubs across the globe as well as exciting partners.
- Location: Based in a location with a running Impact Hub ideally with a maximum of 4 hours time difference with GMT (this is desired rather than essential).
- Remuneration: 2,500 Euros (total cost to company as an independent contractor) subject to Cost of Living Adjustments based on country of residence, seniority and experience at 1 FTE.
- Paid holidays: 25 days of paid time off annually and the local public holidays.
- Allowances and other contributions: coverage of travel costs and allowance according to company policy, full coverage of costs to attend requested internal/external workshops, conferences, and events; 30 EUR monthly allowance for use of own equipment; membership and workplace at Impact Hub; other expenses (i.e., phone, etc.) on a needs basis; access to all company systems for work and communication.
- Preferred starting date: As soon as possible, ideally July 1st, 2022
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org