IntraHealth International is now seeking a Senior Technical Officer for the The Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) program.
The Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) program is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and is implemented by the United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) with a goal to sustainably strengthen medical product quality assurance (QA) systems in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs. With the support of IntraHealth International and building on the success of PQM, USP seeks to strengthen organizational capacity and workforce development of local CORE/FLEX partners as well as other local organizations. IntraHealth International is a recognized leader in human resources for health, to lead regulatory workforce development strengthening and organizational development for local entities.
Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor (IntraHealth)– Regulatory Workforce and Organizational Development, the project technical officer will support the planning, implementation, monitoring of Workforce Development and Organizational Development activities across portfolios as assigned and assist with the identification and deployment of technical experts or consultants to support health workforce development activities in various low- and middle-income countries.
This position is based in Rockville, Maryland and will require a hybrid schedule of 2 days per week in office.
- Under the guidance of the senior technical advisor, provide technical support to health workforce development regulatory and quality assurance strengthening, including addressing challenges of workforce planning, production, underutilization, distribution, performance, and financing to meet countries regulatory sector objectives related to access to quality-assured medicines.
- Coordinate support cross-cutting application of best practices in workforce development across the PQM+ core technical areas:
- Regulatory Systems Strengthening
- Product Supply/ Chemistry Manufacturing and Control (CMC)
- Laboratory Systems Strengthening
- Workforce and Organizational Development
- Be an advocate of the PQM+ Theory of Change and its four pathways of change (i.e., Staffing, Skills, Working Conditions and Motivation).
- Writing and reviewing SOW and budgets
- Coordinate workforce development activities and consultants
- Provide targeted technical assistance in areas of workforce development, HRH assessments, curriculum and competency development, instructional design, and capacity building
- Support health workforce assessment and analysis (HRH planning and management systems strengthening)
- Review and edit reports
- Write and/or review consultant scopes of work, budgets and activity work plans
- Liaise with consultants to plan and monitor activities timeline and deliverables
- Attend weekly meetings with the senior technical advisor to review progress of assigned work
- Collaborate with the senior technical advisor to prepare and review monthly progress reports
- Collaborate with other project staff and participate in activity kick-off and other work implementation meetings with country teams, to discuss the activity, agree on activity implementation plan to guide the activity through completion.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, instructional design, international development or related field. Masters preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in international development including health workforce development, capacity building, training, organizational development, human resources for health. Bonus - familiarity with public health, medicines regulatory authorities, good manufacturing practices, medical product market authorization, or supply chain management.
- Experience working with USG-funded projects, particularly USAID preferred.
- Knowledge of organizational development, adult learning, instructional design and participatory facilitation.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills, including the ability to write/review /revise technical reports and presentations.
- Knowledge of qualitative data collection, electronic data collection and analysis tools
- Ability to collect, clean, analyze and interpret data (data visualization).
- Outstanding skills in Excel, PowerPoint including an ability to graphically illustrate complex concepts and data.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple workflows, while effectively managing project timelines and deliverable schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Prior success working in complex environments, with teams whose members are physically located in different time zones and geographic areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment with multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent knowledge of English with a working knowledge of another language - French, Russian, and/or Portuguese is preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org