Location: Brussels, Belgium (with flexibility to work from home).
Contract: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary and Benefits: 43,745 Euro per annum + benefits worth up to 15% of annual salary
Reports to: The Operations Manager
Closing date: 21 August 2022
If you want to challenge yourself, work hard and make a real difference in the world, we might just have the role for you!
The PWYP Secretariat is looking for a proactive and adaptable individual with strong communication, relationship building and administrative skills to join our team as the Executive Assistant/Team Administrator of the PWYP Secretariat. This role sits at the very heart of the Publish What You Pay (PWYP) Secretariat and is involved in all areas of the organisation's work. Working closely with the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for the effective operations of the organisation by supporting the Executive Director, Senior Management Team, and PWYP’s legally constituted governing bodies: the Global Council, PWYP EU Board, and PWYP UK Board. Furthermore this role will provide administrative support to the wider secretariat team.
- Enhance the effectiveness of the Executive Director and Senior Management Team by providing high quality, proactive executive assistance;
- Ensure PWYP meets good governance standards through the successful delivery of all governance meetings and timely administration;
- Support the effective management of PWYP by providing administrative and operational support to the wider secretariat team;
- Oversee the successful delivery of PWYP in person and virtual events.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bilingual in English and French (essential); other languages are an added advantage;
- Qualifications in business administration, business support, events management, or translation are welcome but not essential;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a team administrator or executive assistant role; ideally supporting at the executive level of an international organisation;
- Experience of managing relationships at board/steering committee level;
- Experience with supporting the logistics of international meetings/events/conferences;
- Experience in documentation/letter writing and records keeping;
- High level of attention to detail and ability to think ahead;
- Ability to develop and manage budgets;
- Highly proficient in Google suite (Google Drive, Google forms, Google lists, Gmail etc.) as well as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT);
- Experience and good working knowledge of Zoom and other online communication platforms;
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- High levels of flexibility and adaptability;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal;
- The ability to build relationships at all levels across the organisation and wider network.
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of PWYP;
- Actively encourages and feels at home in a diverse and inclusive working environment;
- A sense of humour, humility, and collegiality;
- Capacity for self-reflection and a commitment to learning and growth;
- Comfortable and able to work remotely from home.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org