You are an experienced and enthusiastic Systems Accountant looking for a role where you can really make a difference, take ownership of implementing continuous improvement and can impact how we deliver our work. You are a committed team leader and have a clear focus on achieving your team’s objectives, as well as your own. You like to promote best practice within your field of expertise and can challenge ways of working to ensure high quality outcomes are delivered with efficiency and effectiveness. You are expert at working with other people – whether in your own team or right across the organisation, and you enjoy fostering excellent working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Your strong communication skills help to manage stakeholder expectations. You work thoughtfully with others and can build a reputation for real accountability and authority. You have strong Project Management skills which allow you to lead effectively in delivering projects that deliver on time, on budget and which achieve the agreed outcomes. Highly digitally literate, you will have worked with Office 365 applications, a CRM database and an ERP tool (preferably Salesforce and Dynamic 365 Business Central). You are confident navigating a digital eco-system to find, evaluate, use, share, and record information. You understand how maintaining excellent digital records helps you and the organisation deliver its mission and you take ownership to uphold high standards and address issues. You are confident adapting to digital change and working in a continuous improvement mindset; raising suggestions for improvements and sharing your skills and knowledge with colleagues. Your actions will be aligned with the Frontline AIDS vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers.
1. RE-IMPLEMENTATION OF BUSINESS CENTRAL
• Work as the project lead in implementing the recommendations of an external evaluation into Frontline AIDS’ finance system, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. The key recommendation is to move to cloud-based service and re-implement the finance system on the Business Central SaaS platform. The purpose of the reimplementation will be to address performance issues with the current system and to ensure the long-term technological viability of the platform
• Within this implementation project, undertake focussed work within the project team to ensure that the project
o is managed and planned correctly
o is well resourced
o incorporates business process modification and streamlining
o addresses and resolves the key performance issues identified in the current implementation
o provides accurate and timely progress reports and risk and issue analysis
o achieves the overall project objectives to budget and to agreed timescales
• Work with internal stakeholders including senior stakeholders such as the project board, Executive Team and colleagues delivering programmatic work, ensure that the re-implementation of Business Central delivers improved financial monitoring, control and reporting
• Manage the day to day relationship with the Microsoft implementation partner for the re-implementation of Business Central, ensuring that the performance of this key external stakeholder is high and that the third party is monitored and held to account for any issues around delivery, project planning and resourcing
2. CONTINUOUS SYSTEMS IMPROVEMENT
• Following the re-implementation of Business Central
o manage the Advisor: Financial and Systems Accountant’s tasks to deliver effective systems administration to Business Central
o drive continuous improvement in financial systems and processes, and
o ensure accurate and accessible management information, and donor reporting o identify and exploit new opportunities to maximise the return on our investment in our financial systems
• Work with the user engagement group to ensure that any feedback surrounding usability, training or system improvements around financial processes and controls are tracked, prioritised and implemented as appropriate.
• Implement, manage and monitor performance of a Finance Systems help desk on Teams and ensure that there is a timely and supportive response to all questions and requests from staff.
3. BUSINESS PROCESS DEVELOPMENT
• Work with key internal stakeholders, including programmatic teams and the senior leadership team, to ensure financial business processes continue to be strengthened and made more efficient whilst ensuring that process improvements are aligned to the wider work being carried out to improve and develop all of Frontline AIDS’ digital systems
• Own the continued development and improvement of all financial standard operating procedures and ensure that appropriate senior finance input is provided to other standard operating procedures where relevant
• Be responsible for ensuring that financial business processes are well understood by all staff who need to use them and that support, training materials and resources are available to make this possible.
4. DEVELOPING THE FRONTLINE AIDS CULTURE Frontline AIDS cultural philosophy is that Action Makes the Difference. The attitudes and approach you bring to your work will be guided by our organisational values - Freethinker, Inspired by Difference and Firestarter - and their associated behaviours. Frontline AIDS is committed to equality of opportunity, to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, and to supporting a workforce which reflects our globally diverse movement. This diversity ensures our work is enhanced by a range of ideas on the issues and challenges we work on. You will be committed to these values and will be comfortable working within a culture where these values are embedded.
CCAB qualified accountant with significant postqualification experience
Significant experience of working in an international financial accounting and reporting environment
Experience of accounting for foreign currency and overseas operations
Proven track record of implementation and delivery of system projects in a lead or project management role
Project management of process change, finance or systems projects
Experience of using CRM and ERP databases.
Detailed understanding and experience of process review and business process reengineering
Experience of working in a busy environment, with tight deadlines
Demonstrable experience of managing a team of staff Experience undertaking activities that require crosssystem actions and cross-team collaboration
Financial rigour, strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
Advanced Microsoft Excel and proficient in MS Office 365 (SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, Power point).
Strong problem-solving skills including ability to use IT skills to develop models and solutions
Ability to explain financial concepts and information to non-finance staff
Strong team building skills and demonstrable experience of collaborative working
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent judgement and integrity
Confident adopter of digital systems and technologies.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org