Job : Compliance
Primary Location : Europe & Americas-United States-Washington
Other Locations : Europe & Americas-United States-Washington DC
Schedule : Full-time
Employee Status : Permanent
Posting Date : 02/Sep/2022, 1:06:27 PM
Unposting Date : Ongoing
- Serve as a matrix manager to a growing team and will partner closely with the functional manager on priorities and work plans.
- Have a successful track record of operating in a partnership style and in a complex, global and matrix organisation to construct and operationalise engagement strategies towards an identified outcome.
- Possess strong project management, communication and analytical capabilities.
- Design and operationalise an annual engagement strategy and plan developed in partnership with GPRA teams and the business.
- Be adept at operationalising engagement plans to ensure proactive and systematic engagement for our leaders and experts to influence the agenda, raise our profile and deliver insights back into the business. Engagement plans should include a focus on the public affairs network in the region: government officials, policymakers, regulators, trade associations; think tanks and other influencers.
- Work across GPRA and the business to project manage and deliver our engagement plan so that it focuses on the key policy issues and thematic areas agreed across GPRA and the business.
- Align and partner with GPRA teams to prepare speeches, briefings and other written materials including timely and succinct political and policy analysis and insights.
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams, functions and regions to ensure continuous improvement of content development and delivery.
- Ensure GPRA and partners are aware of regional priorities and initiatives on trade and market access and new business opportunities, as relevant and appropriate.
Our Ideal Candidate
- This candidate will require significant experience and an strong track record in designing and operationalising innovative, strategic and systematic engagement activities which are measurable and aligned with the vision of GPRA.
- Essential education: University degree, preferably in Legal, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science, International Relations.
- Track record of designing and implementing effective communications and public affairs plans, which align with business strategy using a range of tools and channels.
- Ability to work under pressure, successfully planning and delivering multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic environment. Proven strategic planning and stakeholder engagement experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and compelling manner to a variety of audiences and cultures.
- Ability to recognize and leverage opportunities to increase corporate reputation.
- Strong judgement, excellent problem solving, organization and diplomacy skills. A trusted team player with a "can-do" attitude, able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance,with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org