The European Energy Research Alliance (EERA) AISBL is the largest alliance for low carbon energy research in Europe. Bringing together more than 250 organizations from 30 countries to develop shared priority setting and research projects, EERA has become the key actor for coordinating public financed European Energy R&D and works in close cooperation with the European Commission. EERA currently runs 18 Joint Programmes covering research in materials, technologies and systems including policy and social aspects, aligned with the priorities for low carbon technologies defined in the EU SET-Plan. The Joint Programme on Economic, Environmental and Social Impacts of the Energy Transition (JP E3S) has around 40 partners representing one of the biggest research groups on SSH aspects of energy transition in Europe. The Joint Programme on Smart Grids (JP SG) represents a community of more than 40 universities and research centres bringing together different and complementary expertise and facilities, aiming at addressing, in a medium to long term research perspective, one of the most critical areas directly relating to the effective acceleration of smart grid deployment: smart grids technology, its application and integration.
EERA is now looking for a coordinator assistant and communication manager to independently support the coordination of the two JPs E3S and SG. She/he will be part of the EERA AISBL team at the headquarters in Brussels and will work in close contact with the JPs Coordinators and Management Board members with the primary responsibility to support them in running the joint programmes.
Supporting the EERA JPs E3S and SG Coordinators, Management Boards and Steering Committees
- Being a reliable, trustworthy, independent, self-driven and proactive support to the coordinator and to the Management Board (MB), and in the organization of the JP Steering Committee (SC) meetings;
- Assisting the JP members on the work and priorities of EERA and the JPs;
- Supporting the JP Coordinator and Management Boards in the interactions with other stakeholders;
- Planning and drafting meeting agendas and minutes of SC and MB meetings;
- Drafting of presentations for different types of meetings and events.
Communication for the JPs E3S and SG
- Internal communication: Taking responsibility for the communication within the JPs, such as updating contact lists, SharePoint, meeting calendar, information sharing to all partners, etc.;
- External communication: Taking responsibility for updating the content of the website and social media channels;
- Creating content for internal and external communication – also in collaboration with JP experts, such as Annual Reports, position papers, etc.
Administration and support of the JPs E3S and SG
- Taking responsibilities for all operational tasks linked to the management of the JPs, in collaboration with the JP Coordinators and Sub Programme Coordinators;
- Assisting the JP Coordinator and Sub Programme Coordinators with arranging meetings and workshops;
- Setting up the programme for JP General Assemblies, and JP Workshops and Conferences;
- Assisting with the proceedings of scientific workshops;
- Facilitating participation in European Research Programmes, such as Horizon Europe;
- Membership Administration: manage the relationship with member organizations, including continued updates of membership database, contact person lists;
- Other administrative work for the JP in general.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Hold a Higher Education degree; a master’s degree or equivalent is appreciated but not mandatory;
- One year of relevant work experience related to office management, preferably in an international/multi-cultural environment;
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU;
- Excellent and proven organizational and teamwork skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (Power Point, Word, Excel);
- Excellent knowledge of web content management systems as well as social media communication;
- Availability to short (2-3 days max) periodic trips in Europe.
- Project management skills;
- Understanding of European Institutions and research administrative matters;
- Experience in the fields of:
- Economic, Environmental and Social impacts of the energy transition;
- Smart Grids and power systems.
- Knowledge of other European languages.
- Empathy and willingness to work in a highly interactive team;
- Appetite for international/multi-cultural environments;
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and self-driven;
- Have good dissemination skills, necessary to work with a group of researchers distributed over Europe;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Personal skills like a positive and friendly attitude and contributing to a sustainable social environment will also be valued.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
- The opening is for a full-time position (38 hours/week);
- Starting date is January 2023;
- Work Location is Rue de Namur 72, 1000 Bruxelles;
- Competitive salary based upon experience.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in pdf format) to Ivan Matejak: [email protected], with the subject “Operations and Communications Manager for JPs E3S and SG” before November 18th, 2022. For questions to the JP coordinators, please contact Alessandro Sciullo ([email protected]) for JP E3S or Luciano Martini ([email protected]) for JP SG.
The motivation letter (1 page maximum) should highlight your reasons for applying and your credentials for the position.
The selection of the candidate will be based upon the merit principle.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org