You are a talented fundraising and partnerships professional who is eager to head our development efforts. Working closely with Proximity Designs’ co-founders and senior management team, you will be responsible for raising the philanthropic capital needed to serve 150,000-200,000 smallholder farm families living in poverty every year. You have a proven track record of personally raising grants from foundations, governments and high-net-worth individuals. You are a skilled relationship-builder and communicator.
To help you thrive in this role, you will have the following assets available to you:
- A leadership team that understands fundraising is a team effort and will support you in executing strategy, including a committed and well-connected CEO and Board.
- A team based in Myanmar, skilled at gathering insights from the field, storytelling and communications, donor prospecting and relationship management.
- An impactful model that stands out among other social enterprises serving smallholder farmers.
- An outstanding group of impact-focused, highly regarded donors who keep us accountable year after year.
- Strong graphic design capabilities to develop sharp pitch collateral.
Once You Are Here, You Will:
Strategy setting and implementation
- Working closely with the co-founders and senior management team, develop Proximity’s new fundraising strategy, to raise USD 5-6 million a year in grants.
- Explore and pursue new sources of funding for Proximity beyond grants, including climate financing mechanisms such as carbon credits.
Donor prospecting and outreach
- Identify, evaluate and pursue funding opportunities with new donors and partners.
- Work with our in-house Social Impact team to improve how we measure our impact, and develop a new set of impact indicators linked to climate change resilience.
- Attend conferences and other networking events on behalf of Proximity.
Donor relations and communications
- Manage and grow relationships with Proximity’s donors and partners.
- Plan and develop regular donor communications throughout the year.
Team management and development
- Manage and mentor 2-3 team members, building their capabilities and contributing to their career growth.
- You are a clear communicator and can write exceptionally well (in English). Whether drafting a report, strategizing a funding prospectus or explaining our business model to donors, you can easily explain anything to just about anyone.
- You have a proven track record in directly raising six-to-seven figures grants and gifts from foundations, corporates or high-net-worth individuals. You have existing networks in the philanthropic community that can be leveraged to build new partnerships.
- You have a deep understanding of social enterprise models and the metrics our donors look for (e.g. financial sustainability, impact per donor dollar, cost to serve, grant subsidy per customer).
- You have experience juggling multiple projects, deadlines and requests at one time. You have a keen attention to detail and do not overlook the small stuff.
- You have worked for an organization (ideally a social enterprise) operating in an emerging economy for a few years.
- You have previous experience living and working in Myanmar, South Asia or South-East Asia.
- You are passionate about tackling climate change and have knowledge of climate change financing mechanisms, such as carbon credits.
- You have previously managed a remote, multi-cultural team during times of crises and change.
- You have independent authorization to work in the country where you are currently based and/or choose to be based for this role.
- You are able to travel regularly for in-person donor meetings, conferences and other networking opportunities (roughly 20 percent of the time).
- You can commit to this role for at least two years.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org