As Senior Supporter Journey Manager (maternity cover) you will help establish a new team and drive a new approach to fundraising at Guy's and St. Thomas' Charity’s, placing supporter insight right at the heart of all fundraising activity, and working with the senior leadership team to implement this across the organisation.
An exciting and strategically significant role, you will lead on coordinating a wide range of supporter journey planning, insight gathering and the implementation of innovative and creative fundraising communications and products.
The goal is to deliver high standard communications and experiences to our supporters, driving increased engagement and lifetime value.
We're looking for an individual who has experience in customer journeys, customer experience and/or user experience. You will take a strategic approach to supporter experience and the have the patience and motivation to embrace the challenges and opportunities that come with shaping a new team and changing mindsets across departments. You will be comfortable working with the senior leadership team to recommend and influence change across the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you'll have experience of developing best in class supporter engagement opportunities, fundraising communications, and stewardship journeys to large volumes of supporters. You'll be able to evidence having led individual giving or other public fundraising campaigns across a range of channels including direct mail, email, social media and telephone. Comfortable with data analytics, and GDPR, you'll also be a natural leader with the skills to inspire, support, and project manage individuals and teams to deliver exceptional results in a fundraising or marketing environment.
In Fundraising & Supporter Development we are committed to building a truly diverse workforce that reflects the communities served by our partners, recognising the range of benefits that we derive when colleagues bring experiences and perspectives from a range of backgrounds. As part of this work we have developed a race equality plan and we particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black, Minority Ethnic and Asian backgrounds.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term maternity contract for 12 months.
This is a full-time post.
Management and leadership
• Lead and grow the supporter experience function within the wider Fundraising and Supporter Development team.
• Collaborate with heads of teams and directors to ensure the supporter is put at the heart of decision making at all levels
• Help embed new ways of working through continuous improvement of the supporter experience and multi-channel supporter journeys.
• Work with teams across communications, digital, data and supporter care on how to support income generating teams across public fundraising and high value consistently. There is a particular focus on how digital and supporter experience teams work together most effectively.
• Work with heads of teams to develop a culture of cross team collaboration to promote integrated working and maximise the supporter offering and experience.
Strategy and supporter experience best practice
• Embed the newly created supporter experience strategy across fundraising teams.
• Lead on identifying the needs and expectations of our key audiences and update our supporter personas based on new learnings and research. Prioritise improvements based on supporter needs and help embed a supporter-led mindset across the organisation.
• Guide fundraising teams on best practice for gathering insight and feedback from supporters throughout the supporter journey.
• Develop a framework to measure the supporter experience and engagement across all customer touchpoints. Ensuring data and insight is used to inform fundraising decisions and lead on the cultural growth in use of data and insight as a key business driver encouraging increased testing and a fail-fast approach.
• Devise and oversee best practice for designing and improving customer journeys and ensure that a unified approach is taken across the organisation
• Work with business operations on improving and measuring the voice of the employee as part of the supporter experience strategy.
• Work with our high value teams to evaluate some initial areas for optimising stewardship for mid and high value supporters.
• Work with other senior managers and heads of team, to develop and update specific stewardship policies (e.g. templates, guidelines) in line with wider donor relations guidelines to fill existing gaps or maximise opportunities identified by research.
Tools and platforms
• Implement new tools, systems and platforms for insight gathering, user testing, market research and survey.
• Work with the data and digital team to recommend segmentation strategies and automation of journeys in our new CRM Microsoft Dynamics.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Experience of developing best in class supporter engagement opportunities, fundraising communications and stewardship journeys to large volumes of supporters.
2. Substantial experience of leading teams, including skills to inspire, support, and project manage individuals and teams to deliver exceptional results in a fundraising or marketing environment.
3. Experience of developing or contributing to successful and relevant strategies ideally within supporter experience.
4. Successful experience of leading Individual Giving or other public fundraising campaigns across a range of channels including direct mail, email, social media and telephone.
5. A proven understanding of how best to use data insight and analysis, and CRM systems to support fundraising, including data selections, maintaining a database with high quality data, regular importing of data and exporting of data to report on progress against key performance metrics.
6. Ability to bring innovation, ideas and best practice to enhance performance.
7. Knowledge and demonstrable experience of adhering to GDPR and PECR laws and codes of conduct.
1. Experience in Agile methodology or ideally embedding agile ways of working.
2. Understanding of NHS charities or healthcare fundraising.
No candidate will meet all the criteria. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve listed and you think you can bring value to this role, we’d love to hear more about you!
All F&SD appointments involve a standard skills-based interview, followed (for up to two appointable candidates) by a Core Values interview.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org