Abt Associates seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID funded Enhancing Nutrition Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning in the Health Sector Activity. The goal of this activity is to support USAID’s Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition (GH/MCHN) with collaborative generation and use of evidence in nutrition, and to enhance local capacity for nutrition monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning in the health sector. The Activity will fill evidence gaps to improve nutrition outcomes through health systems while ensuring local partners design, implement, disseminate, and use such evidence for policies and programs. The current estimated size of the award is $25-50 million over five years. This position is contingent upon award to Abt Associates.
- Provide strategic direction, technical leadership, and project management and oversight;
- Oversee and contribute to the completion of all technical requirements, including quarterly and annual project activity reports, and the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning products;
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; lead the planning, implementation and budgeting activities;
- Serve as the main point of contact for Abt Associates’ home office, USAID, partners, and project counterparts;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders, and regularly coordinate project direction with USAID to ensure strategic alignment, collaborative learning, and adaptation;
- Guide the team to accomplish the project’s strategic goals and objectives;
- Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders;
- Supervise and manage staff and consultants, communicate expectations for the team and delegate responsibilities as required;
- Communicate project results through reports, policy briefs, national and international forums and other appropriate avenues.
- Master’s or advanced degree in public health or a closely related field;
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant professional experience and at least 5 years of experience leading projects of similar size and scope;
- Professional experience with two or more of the following technical areas in an international development context: nutrition; community health; maternal, neonatal, and child health; reproductive health; social and behavior change;
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID’s multi-sectoral nutrition and community-health system strengthening approaches and gender programming. Proven leadership in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs;
- Proven ability to supervise and manage a team of international staff and consultants;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming;
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including national and local governments, civil society organizations, private sector representatives, and local communities;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required;
- Ability to travel as required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org