An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Public Affairs Manager / Advisor to join our organisation. This role will be reporting into the Head of UK Public Affairs / Government relations and will be a central pillar in Capita’s Public Affairs output. You will work alongside other members of the Corporate Communications team on political contact programmes, events and other policy issues as directed.
This is a Hybrid role with travel to London as required
Public Affairs Manager
What you will do:
- Analyse public policy issues of relevance Capita.
- Develop position papers and make recommendations for lobbying positions.
- Provide advice on UK parliamentary affairs to management.
- Represent Capita at external events eg: CBI, BSA and other industry groupings.
- Working alongside Head of Public Affairs to manage co-ordination of the Public Affairs agency. Act as regular interface and ensure supplier is managed in professional and efficient way.
- Prepare reports and analysis as required for Capita Public Affairs eg weekly parliamentary round-up, political issues summaries.
- Analysis of public policy pertaining to Capita - make recommendations and advise on positions to be taken.
- Support development and delivery of divisional strategic media relations/external comms engagement plans
- Develop close partnering relationship with external PA/ PR agency in relation to major corporate messaging
- Maintenance of positive relationships with political and governmental stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- Degree level or equivalent - (international relations, politics, law, business studies)
- Proven experience in policy, public affairs, parliamentary relations
- Strong knowledge of, and passion for British politics
- Experience/knowledge of project management /stakeholder management
- Excellent written skills
- Have an ability to work at pace and demonstrate initiative
- Proven ability to spot, tell and write a story – alongside excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrable experience of writing and editing high-quality written content and working on integrated multi-media content packages or campaigns.
- Track record of working under pressure / busy environment.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary and package
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org